Granpasso demo @ Three Cross Motorcycles

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
Emmohaswheelsagain

Gran Passo

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Absolutely stunning Gedge, good buy for sure. White is the choice and is complimented well by the red frame. Too tall for me though would need some step ladders.

Good riding

Paul
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Took the bike on a group rideout today.. a 'backroad bimble'.. acccompanied by some supermotos and a herd of GS 1200s..the Morinin was awesome...a little hard over the bumps but overall the handling was superb, the amount fo torque available even running in, meant it was a struggle at times to keep the front wheel down. I refueled before the start and was very pleased to see it doing slightly better than my KTM adventure did..I suspect that will change once it is run in..
The sound is starting to grow on me and it certainly turns heads ..the other riders were complaining that the headlight is very blue and appears to flash giving them a bit of a fright.....
Bike now has over 300 miles on the clock.. roll on the first service

Only fly in the ointment was a small oil leak..looks to be coming from the sensor on the rear cyclinder, ( just to the right of the black timing? cover)..the sensor looks to be fully screwed in, but the frame is on the way, so I wil wait until cools down before trying anything..If its not easily fixed it will have to be done by 3X under warranty..Anyone else experienced similar on their 1200 corsaro engines?
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Fixed the oil leak..the sensor wasn't fully screwed home despite being paint marked for QC/Torque...I took it out and installed a copper washer and some PTFE tape just to be sure...no sign of any leak so it seemed rude not to take it for a 40 mile test ride...took it on some bigger roads down to Chichester then across country to home...lovely 8)