Gran Passo for sale

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
Emmohaswheelsagain

Gran Passo for sale

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Its clear looking in the used bike listings on Bike Traders web site that not every one likes the Gran Passo. There's a white (58) plate forsale with 150 miles on the clock at Moto Select (Honda Dealer).
Why anyone would trade in a Morini for a Honda I beyond me. I wonder what the owner took out. If any one is interested they are offering the bike at £8,995.
Olly

Post by Olly »

but that's what the bike cost in first place isn't it, minus the cost of the top box and rack.
if it's there in April I might make a cheeky offer, tops £8250
V-Fun

Post by V-Fun »

Guys
I know all about this bike....

The guy who bought it is a 'friend of a friend' and I have known him for some years.

He px'd a 1098S in December for the GP and that had only done 330 miles (including riding it from Portsmouth to 3X to px it).

He also owns a Guzzi Stelvio and his wife didn't like the seat on the GP, so off it went.

He is a really nice guy -But changes bikes more often than anybody I have ever known.(At least 4-5 new bikes a year).

So to him the GP was just another bike....

I think they are asking too much for the bike - given that they are a Honda Dealer.

But the GP is now £9999+ the top box, so for the right person 150 miles saves c £1400.

Regards
Stephen R
Olly

Post by Olly »

hmmm....it would be very interesting to know what kind of trade in deal they gave him on the GP. If it wasn't a trade in then even better...you'd be really helping a very potential Morini owner if you could find out that info please.

Thanks Oliver

I think they're advertising at a high price because they realise it's still a £1400 discount on a 2009 bike. Surely there has to be some leeway on that price though. At £8500 it would be more attractive, at £8250 it would be in my garage :)
V-Fun

Post by V-Fun »

Hi Olly
I do know that it was a trade-in and I believe it was most likely to have been against a new 'Blade'.

The guy concerned was looking at MV F4's at 3X not long before selling the bike.

I'd struggle to find out how much they gave him in PX - I don't share that info. when changing my bikes.

As a rule of thumb: bet he got at least a grand less than the ticket price.

Despite how we view the bike: This is a risky buy for a Honda dealer.

I'd ring them and try your luck.....

Regards
Stephen R
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Well after trying the GP back in September 08..I went on to buy a KTM 990 adventure..lovely bike but couldn't really stop me wanting the Morini..so this morning I went in to Moto select and got a very good deal on the Granpasso..Pick it up wednesday..Very Happy 8)
Olly

Post by Olly »

go on ...spill the beans...how much?
I'm in bulgaria until wednesday and it was top of my list of things to do when I got back to follow up on that bike.

hope you have a lot of enjoyment with your purchase...soooooo jealous
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Olly wrote:go on ...spill the beans...how much?
I'm in bulgaria until wednesday and it was top of my list of things to do when I got back to follow up on that bike.

hope you have a lot of enjoyment with your purchase...soooooo jealous
£8k.. and a very ( very) good trade in for the 990 adventure 8)
Olly

Post by Olly »

eeeek...so sub 8K cash would have snagged it ...darn and blast....eyes peeled for another second hand one.

.......or do I get the vstrom!!
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Olly wrote:eeeek...so sub 8K cash would have snagged it ...darn and blast....eyes peeled for another second hand one.

.......or do I get the vstrom!!
You already know the answer..

unless boring and sensible are necessary requirements :(