Gran passo speedo

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
Alan JW

Gran passo speedo

Post by Alan JW »

I have picked up my new Gran passo on Monday and i am enjoying it, only one problem, how do you go from kmh-mph on the speedo, my dealer nor i can work it out, he has contacted 3x who supplied him with the bike but they obviously cant be bothered to get back to us with a solution, hope someone can help.
Emmohaswheelsagain

Grand passo Speedo

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Hi Alan

Part of owning a Morini is over coming these small difficulties. I have a 9 1/2 which again was supplied with little in the way of normal after service. If the digital unit is similar to the rest of the range you should have every option known to man. I'am sure if you can fight your way to the menu you should be able to set the speedo correctly. If not by the end of the weekend this forum will have told you everything you wish to know and more. I'm pleased your are enjoying your Morini, you have made a good choice. :D
V-Fun

Post by V-Fun »

Hi Alan
Sorry to hear of your predicament with the speedo conversion.

I am surprised that this is not explained within the owner's manual -as it has been for every bike I have owned, capable of this function?

It is unlike 3X not to respond and I suggest perhaps that you personally call Mark Jessop at 3X rather than rely upon the dealer to do so.

He is both a friend of mine and the Italian Bike salesman.

Tel: (01202)810215

He does not work on Thursdays....

I hope this helps and that you are otherwise enjoying your GP.

Kind Regards
Stephen R
Alan JW

Post by Alan JW »

Thanks for your replies, the manual tells you to go to service menu chapter, There is no service menu chapter!. I will give Mark a call on Monday if I don't here from my own dealer before then, thanks guys for your suggestions.
Chewy

Post by Chewy »

To access the service menu, push and hold to the right on the Mode push button switch, turn the ignition on, Release the Mode push button switch.

You are now presented with 3 options, you can navigate by pushing left or right on the Mode push button switch:

Set unit (for Unit of Speed kmh or mph)

Set temp (for degrees F or Degrees C)

Set Indica (indicators LED or Lamp are your options here if you change it to LED with standard bulbs in, your indicators won't work)

To change the unit of speed.

Push and hold to the left on Mode push button switch when Set Unit is displayed.

You will then see kmh displayed release the Mode push button switch and push left to change it to mph.

Now push and hold to the left on the Mode push button switch until NEN is displayed above the mph

Turn of the ignition

turn on the ignition

Problem solved, cup of tea, big smile, go out and play.
toggy

Post by toggy »

Set Indica (indicators LED or Lamp are your options here if you change it to LED with standard bulbs in, your indicators won't work)

nice one good info .interesting to see an LED or lamp option,does that mean morini might upgrade the indicators to LED in future ?and have pre-installed the option of changing from lamp to LED ? .nice not to have to mess about getting ballast if you want LED:)
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Thanks Chewy ..very useful post 8)