New owner

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
toggy

New owner

Post by toggy »

Hi all
Just picked up my Gp from 3x today. wow!. Very happy. will defiantly be showing it off at Poole Quay bike nights (Tuesday nights).I expect most of you have ridden it, it was there white demo bike
Previous experience was the 1050 Triumph speed triple . But i wanted a bit more legroom being 6ft3 . Some of the Points I've discovered so far after a days riding.
sweet engine pulls in every rev
great gearbox(no false neutrals)
clutch not to stiff
stiff yet soothing suspension
sounds like a speedway bike /very good
fuel gauge fault that some reported has been fixed(new clocks)only problem i for see there is the service interval icon will be out of step with the real world servicing.
handling excellent good feel+more steering lock than my ST +better than the 1050 Triumph tiger
has pre wired battery charge point under the seat.
very comfy
looks the dog bollocks
neg points
indicators a bit dim and water damaged,even the new one looked similar
headlights looks dim too
push button to access the trip/rev/odo etc don't always work ,yeah i love those Italian electrics.i hope it stands up to some drizzly British weather as this beast is going out in all weathers.look forward to hearing of you experiences
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Congratulations..I have had my first week with mine and so far I am very impressed .. a small oil leak from the oil presuure sensor was a little annoying( because it was quite hard to get at) but so far the only problem I have encountered is the fuel light problem ( but as I was downhill and braking I am going to check it out again before booking in for the warranty fix).

surprised it was their ex demo as the demo I rode ( and which they still have in use) is a grey one.......

The indicators are a but feeble but work well enough..the headlight is very good although the vibration and intensity does make it look like a flashing blue light which affects some drivers behaviour :shock:

I may bring mine down to Poole too so that you aren't the only one :lol:
toggy

Post by toggy »

just discovered after scrutinizing the owner Manuel ,the mode select push button isn't faulty.turns out you have to push and hold to the right for 3 seconds to return to the standard point if you know what i mean. I found when accessing the battery charge icon for example ,(push to the right ) i found when i pushed to to the left to access the Odo for example ,nothing happened . you have to push and hold the right button for three seconds to be able to access the left hand icons,ah don't you just love Italians.
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

toggy wrote:just discovered after scrutinizing the owner Manuel ,the mode select push button isn't faulty.turns out you have to push and hold to the right for 3 seconds to return to the standard point if you know what i mean. I found when accessing the battery charge icon for example ,(push to the right ) i found when i pushed to to the left to access the Odo for example ,nothing happened . you have to push and hold the right button for three seconds to be able to access the left hand icons,ah don't you just love Italians.
Yep ..had to spend about 15 minutes playing to get it back to the clock..I was only trying to set the time :lol:

If you work out how to access the service menu please post it up :oops: