What Reserve

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
toggy

What Reserve

Post by toggy »

HI all
does anyone know how much fuel is left after the reserve light comes on, only in the manual is says 4 divided by 6 litres. (whats that about?) does that mean 1.5 litres cos that's scary. i ran out of fuel after tops 3 miles after the reserve light came on .the trip showed 165miles . fucking expensive tank of fuel as i called the RAC convinced i had other problems as the oil light came on and the bike didn't start (£90.28 call out)
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

seems to be a common fault that is only cured by a new speedo head (warranty issue though)..should be between 4 and 6 litres which should be enough for 30 plus miles but mone also ran out the second the light came on...going to give it one more try before booking it oin with 3 X for a new speedo unit as touring Croatia isn't going to be much fun if I am uncertain how far I can get :shock:
toggy

Post by toggy »

reseve came on at 162miles.did further 1.7 miles,filled up to brim with 25.33 litres which adds up to 1.67 litres left in the tank before fill up ,thats not many miles to use on reserve doh.
idleidolidyll

Re: What Reserve

Post by idleidolidyll »

I've done 650 kilometres so far on my Granpasso.
The fuel light came on with around 10 litres left in the tank. That's quite a lot but as long as its consistent, I'm happy enough.

Milegae is almost 14 kilometres per litre or in British Gallons: 40mpg.
I'd expect to see that get better as th engine loosens up but of course that will depend on how I ride it.

Based on the tight engine fuel consumption; that 27 litre tank will give me a range of about 370 kilometres (230 miles) so when it's run in, i'll expect to be able to get up to 400 kilometres per tank cruising or half that going hard.