Instrument panel

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
Chewy

Instrument panel

Post by Chewy »

Is it possible to get a straight honest answer to these 2 questions ?

1. What is the gradient scale with FL at the of it (to the right of the indicators and above the Rev counter bar) for ?

2. Why does the Over Rev indication start flashing (about every other second) as soon as i turn off the ignition ?

Neither are mentioned in the clown and joke manual
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

The top scale is meant to be a fuel gauge..I think it is where the problem with the fuel warning light is involved.I have arranged for 3x to orer me a new speedo housing to try and fix the problem of running out of fuel as soon as the light comes on..

the flashing red light is to show the immobiliser is operating, after a few minutes it goes into sleep mode..
Chewy

Post by Chewy »

I was told that the bike doesn't have an immobiliser and it's just a flashing light to give the impression it has an immobiliser/alarm. mine flashes constantly

I was also told that what you believe is a fuel gauge is not in fact a fuel gauge for the models that are on the road at the moment. but the scale will become a fuel gauge on later models as the wiring has not been put in yet

Please help.........
VeloceSteve

Post by VeloceSteve »

Hi,

Please don't quote me on this but I belive that the FL gauge is to do with the heated grips gauge. When they are fitted you can adjust them to different tempetures.
The surprise of the test is that we all came off the Veloce with grins bigger than Jorge Lorenzo's gonads! (fast bikes 08)
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

VeloceSteve wrote:Hi,

Please don't quote me on this but I belive that the FL gauge is to do with the heated grips gauge. When they are fitted you can adjust them to different tempetures.
Having fitted my heated grips today I can confirm that the gauge is indeeed for the heated grips and showws which of the 3 settings is selected..
Mystery solved 8)
toggy

Post by toggy »

Gedge wrote:

Having fitted my heated grips today I can confirm that the gauge is indeeed for the heated grips and showws which of the 3 settings is selected..
Mystery solved 8)
yer but why FL ,I'd assumed it ment Fuel level.
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

toggy wrote:
Gedge wrote:

Mystery solved 8)
yer but why FL ,I'd assumed it ment Fuel level.
No idea but I am guessing its Italian for heated grips..or maybe the FL is representative of Full for Full Power..?
VeloceSteve

Post by VeloceSteve »

Gedge wrote:

Mystery solved 8)
Great god I'm good If anyone would like anymore help I will try the best I can :lol: I will be starting work again at 3X in the middle of May happy days :lol: :lol: :lol:
The surprise of the test is that we all came off the Veloce with grins bigger than Jorge Lorenzo's gonads! (fast bikes 08)
Chewy

Post by Chewy »

Ok now we've solved the issue with the heated grips. What about the fake alarm / immobiliser
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Stuff the technical bits - welcome back Veloce Steve!!!

CC :lol:
"I'll use the Morini"
DaveG

Fakes

Post by DaveG »

Don't know whether you chaps have noticed a theme running through all this.
But the immobiliser light is a fake, like the FL line, like the average fuel consumption figure, like the fuel warning light that comes on when you run out, (and when the instrument panel is replaced comes on after 170miles, then 120 miles, then 140 miles.......).

You may draw your own conclusions.

Re fuel consumption. I appear to be getting around 40mpg on average. Maidstone to Blackpool in just over 4 hrs averaged 39.5mpg which I consider to be very acceptable.

Ride safely but make progress.

DaveG
DHG
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

According to the guy I spoke to at 3X the immobiliser is an EU requirement on Bikes, and the one on the Morini includes a chip in the key..???

I am getting just over 42mpg so far, and have just spent the weekend camping and touring around Dorset and Somerset..I got a deal on the panniers and fully loaded the bike remains stable and no noticeable loss of performance..

The heated grips turned out to be the perfect addition as despite every pther day this month being lovely, Saturday was very cold and damp.Took the bike along to Haines Museum to Somersets Bikesafe day for something to do..bike gots loads of interest ( from a quite small turnout..)
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Gedge;

Our fault of course (because we failed to push it enough...) but there were some interesting bikes - including Morinis - at the Bristol Italian Auto Festival on Saturday. There were also some fancy cars and a bunch of scooters, all in part of Bristols historic commercial centre. Hopefully, we'll post a picture or two on the web.

We'll be there as a club again next year, so make a date in the diary... it would be good to have a GP along!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

corsaro chris wrote:Gedge;

Our fault of course (because we failed to push it enough...) but there were some interesting bikes - including Morinis - at the Bristol Italian Auto Festival on Saturday. There were also some fancy cars and a bunch of scooters, all in part of Bristols historic commercial centre. Hopefully, we'll post a picture or two on the web.

We'll be there as a club again next year, so make a date in the diary... it would be good to have a GP along!

CC
Been meaning to go for a couple of years, if next years date dont clash I would love to come along :D
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Just a quick update..Took the GP to 3X yesterday and they replaced the instrument panel to try and cure the fuel warning light problem..I shall be running the bike down until it stops to see definitively how far it will go on reserve so shall report back.
I also got them to check the slipper clutch as mine does not 'click back' through the lever like the test bike did..the mechanic reckons it is a different clutch to the original ones which sounded odd to me..anyone know if this correct? either way the clutch works fine and I have had no lock ups etc..
Bike now has 0 miles showing 8) although it is actually up to 1600 which is pretty good going for the short time I have owned it..it seems to have loosened up nicely and revs freely..the ride is supple and confidence inspiring and I reckon I am getting something over 40mpg despite riding it quite hard..definitely better MPG than the KTM adventure.

Looking forward to next months trip to Croatia.

anyone fitted GPS to their GP? looking for clues as to where/how to mount my TT rider with Touratech lockable bracket...not having much luck fathoming it out :oops: