Granpasso group test review

Post by toggy »

Hi all
June edition of BIKE magazine has a group test of
MOTO MORINI GRANPASSO
KTM 990 ADVENTURE
BMWR1200GS
GUZZI STELVIO
Special to me as i bought the bike they used,oh my god, look at what they did to it.
The KTM won overall due to its off road abilities,boo hoo.Not a bad review of the granpasso , but there are comments about the Italian electrics /negativity as per usual,although there right about the push switch.But they got it dead wrong when they said the heated grips didn't work ,as my bike never had them fitted in the first place . we all know they are pre-wired with a on/off bar mounted switch.dummies.Their overall impression is that its a loony fast good handling bike best suited to the road not off road.
V-Fun

Post by V-Fun »

Hi Toggy
Did you buy the white ex-demo bike from 3X?

If so I thought it was a great looking bike and would assume that you got it for a good saving over new.

Unless you do regular 'off-roading' or adventure trips on really poor roads: the 'on-road' performance is all that really matters.

You still get that great view of the road and all round grin factor!

If I have any criticism of the 'Gran Passo' it would be the lack of any adjustment on the front forks - Tight buggers!

I'm sure your bike took the road test in its stride...and the GP is no poor relation to any of the competition.

Regards
Stephen R
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

I thought the review was pretty good, aside form them failing to read the manual about how to use the mode switch for the various functions ( and even funnier now to read about the lack of heated grips on the test bike :lol:
I think their findings with regard to the ride are pretty spot on although I am surprised by their comment about fuel economy as mine is much better than the KTM 990 adv that I traded for the Morini..
It came across as the most fun..and thats why I bought it..
If it tours well in June then it will have been a wise choice 8)