Headlamp bulbs

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
Gedge

Headlamp bulbs

Post by Gedge »

I see that the Bike Mag test bike had a blown headlamp..
I am now on my third bulb ( HB3 at around £6 a shot..and I paid over that in a ducati dealership :shock: )..looks as though there is a fault with the headlamp setup whioch means it cant handle vibration?? ( bulbs dont look burnt out, just filaments broken)

Anyone else having trouble?? :(
toggy

Post by toggy »

hi Gedge
i had a bust bulb when i picked up my bike from 3x,seems they didn't fix it from when the bike mag did its review.that was a broken filament.if a bike is marketed as being able to be used off road , the bulbs/fitment should be up to the job.been alright since ,but I've only done 500 miles so i hope its not Italian leccy issues.
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

toggy wrote:hi Gedge
i had a bust bulb when i picked up my bike from 3x,seems they didn't fix it from when the bike mag did its review.that was a broken filament.if a bike is marketed as being able to be used off road , the bulbs/fitment should be up to the job.been alright since ,but I've only done 500 miles so i hope its not Italian leccy issues.
Mine is just over 1000 miles and I am on my 3rd bulb..as I mostly ride in daylight I think I shall unplug the dipped beam so that it doesn't get too hot and just plug it in if I go out after dark..at least until 3X have checked it out...
DaveG

Bulbs

Post by DaveG »

Could be rectifier gentlemen. See my posting under instrument panel.

DaveG
DHG
Gedge

Re: Bulbs

Post by Gedge »

DaveG wrote:Could be rectifier gentlemen. See my posting under instrument panel.

DaveG
Pretty sure mine are not burning out, just shaking themsaelves to bits...but I shall keep an eye on the rectifier...( voltage display seems to be spot on when I check it..)