Another new owner

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
lstrbrr

Another new owner

Post by lstrbrr »

Picked up the new bike yesterday from 3X. It's a white H83 with a few bits added - heated grips, chain oiler, hand guards and top box (the Mobiplast version as the aluminium one doesn't hold a helmet, which is a bit annoying as it looks so much better). Have to go back for the centrestand when it arrives from the factory.

I originally rode the demo bike which was the standard model with the lower seat and that was fine. The full height version was OK, but though I've got long legs, I felt a bit precarious. They had the H83 in stock and the deal was good so the rest is history.

Started out with the fuel reserve light on but could only get 17 and a bit litres in when filling up down the road. Will have to monitor consumption as this and the reserve seem to be issues raised on the forum.

The book says don't exceed 5500 rpm for the first 800 km then 7500 for the next 700. Well 60 mph in top is just over 3000 rpm so I suspect 5500 in higher gears might be a little over the legal limit. As for 7500, well maybe not just yet.....

Got hit by a thunderstorm on the way home but at least I know Pirelli Scorpions don't aquaplane and the top box doesn't leak. However, water seems to collect in all those awkward places, like round the ignition, and in the screw holes on top of the tank. There is rain in Italy, isn't there, and do they never wash their bikes?

Good first experience but let's see how things go over the next few weeks.

:)
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Welcome to a small but exclusive 'club'...
Glad you chose the right colour too 8)

The reserve light thing just seems to roll on and on..mine also comes on with only 16 or 17L gone....I am still waiting for a fix but TBH 130-140 miles seems plenty of time between fuel stops, so is not a complete spoiler.

Do you have a pic of the handguards? they never had any when I asked so I haven't seen them yet..Will probably go elsewhere due to the ridiculous price but would be nice to see the factory choice before deciding. :D
lstrbrr

Hand guards

Post by lstrbrr »

I've put a couple of pics on photobucket at:

http://s565.photobucket.com/albums/ss95/lstrbrr/

Hopefully these will give you an idea. They look good although they come as more than one piece and are bolted togther . Retail price was quoted as £135 but they gave me a deal on them!

toggy

Post by toggy »

Welcome lstrbrr
Any input or questions just ask , someone will have answer:)
Didn't know Pirelli Scorpions were standard issue boots now ?
lstrbrr

Post by lstrbrr »

Hi there

Scorpions seem to be fitted to the H83 which has got a wider rear wheel (5.50 x 17) and lower profile tyre than the standard bike. The standard, when I rode it, had Metzler Tourances. :)
Gedge

Re: Hand guards

Post by Gedge »

lstrbrr wrote:I've put a couple of pics on photobucket at:

http://s565.photobucket.com/albums/ss95/lstrbrr/

Hopefully these will give you an idea. They look good although they come as more than one piece and are bolted togther . Retail price was quoted as £135 but they gave me a deal on them!

Thanks..they look nice but not sure they cant be bettered for less...will have to investigate before the cold weather returns :shock: