starting a few mods.....

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
franky

starting a few mods.....

Post by franky »

Now the bikes properly run in i'm going to start doing a few modifications....

QD de-cat
power commander
water proof bits and bobs
set up static sag on the bouncy bits
repalce a few bolts with stainless items..

I've got the standard cat off..... weighs a tonne, doesn't look like it'd see may years of year round riding before it rots to bits. standard system is very well bolted together though, the lambada sensor was a bit of a pig to get out( will remember to copperslip everything). Space for the power commander will be tight however once i've worked it all out and how to route things for max space i'll post up some pics.

A few questions.... has anyone got any suggestions for useful things to do before I bolt it back together?

I've got a velcoe with ohlins rear, can you adjust the preload on the shock with it fitted in place, not the remote but the adjuster on the shock body which will raise ride height? it all looks very very tight :shock:

when I do get it all sorted i'll post up pics and results of the dyno set-up, might be a short while though as working is taking up all of my time.
vtxbrit

Post by vtxbrit »

Franky I have only recently purchased my red veloce 2007 it's having a service and all the warranty updates done as we speak, I have already got a QD link pipe ready to fit when I get it back, I have also got a pcIII ready to fit, however you need to make sure your race ECU is set up for "open loop" otherwise the pcIII and ECU will constantly be battling with each other, my ECU will have to be “flashedâ€￾ before I put it on. Apparently 08/09 veloce’s had this mod done at the factory?
The rear spring preload can be adjusted in the bike and I have set mine up for 25mm sag which has taken it virtually as far as it can go, if I find it still a bit soft I will get a stiffer progressive spring.
I spent a lot of time working on my Benelli 1130 TNT (had a 05 TNT as well) and managed to get 137bhp at the wheel (without putting wild cams in or high comp pistons) and I kept it reliable…………………. I’m hoping to get 145bhp from the Veloce by doing a few tweaks, but again maintain reliability.
I am ordering a rear sprocket 3 teeth bigger to help improve acceleration (don’t mind sacrificing a few mph of the top end)

maybe see you on the road some time.
vtxbrit
franky

Post by franky »

sounds good, the race ecu you get with a veloce is the correct one to use with a powercommander/de cat.

to be honest i'd be impressed if the bike makes 135bhp at the wheel with de-cat/termi cans/powercommander, with the combo of mods though it should make an extra 12ish bhp at the wheel in the midrange, thats where it should count more I think?

while fitting the exhausts its clear the ports would benifit from a clean up....... when the warrenty has run out though me thinks :D

I was thinking of an extra tooth on the rear, I think 3 would make it rev too high if crusing at speed on the motorway.
nfitz

PC3 & de CAT fitting & Alex of ManiacMotors

Post by nfitz »

The PC3 was a bugger to fit cleanly due to then lack of space near the battery and the length of the harness to the bayonet connection at the airbox where its supposed to T in.
After much deliberation I fitted mone with self adhesive velcro to sit on the front of the battery under the plastic tool tray. To do this I had to neatly cut a "window" in the tool tray. This also allows you to get to the mini USB slot on the top of the PC3 and see all the led's.
I found it necessary to remove the fuel tank and battery to get the harness in neatly.
Be verry careful exchanging the bayonet connection as its in a rubber grommet in the side of the airbox and it easily pushes through into the airbox. Then you have to take the top off to get inside and push it back out - a real bugger of a job.

Fitting the QD de CAT centre pipe is a quick job if you 1st remove the downpipe off the ffront cyclinder and fit it onto the centre pipe under the engine then re-fir to the cylinder. The QD system mounts to both left & right side of the rear frame by the passenger foot pegs. This a much more sequre joint than the standard.

Hope you both enjoy the extra power - I would highly reccomend a trip to Alex of ManiacMotors in nerenburg to get your bikes set-up properly. This guy is the MM guro. He also does cam and head work on the Corsaro engine if you want that bit more.

I'm saving for 160bhp at the rear wheel on my 1130Tre with Alex!

Cheers Nigel.
vtxbrit

Post by vtxbrit »

franky wrote:

I was thinking of an extra tooth on the rear, I think 3 would make it rev too high if crusing at speed on the motorway.

Franky,
1 tooth down on the front sprocket is nearly the same as 3 teeth (2.85 to be exact)) up on the back IMHO you wouldn't feel any difference only changing by 1 tooth on the back sprocket Alex from Maniac Motors suggested a 43 to me I will have to look and see what it comes with as standard to work out the difference.

vtxbrit
vtxbrit

Post by vtxbrit »

had a look at the back sprocket and it's 40 teeth standard so I am going to order a 43 tooth.
where do you get the oil cooler guards from? if they don't do a radiator guard to match I will design and fabricate a radiator guard (as I run a sheet metal shop) anyone any ideas.

vtxbrit
franky

Post by franky »

It was from north Leicester, They don't do a radiator guard. I'd be interested in one though if you make some!

Be interesting in the first 3 gears with an extra 3 teeth!
V-Fun

Post by V-Fun »

Franky.
You would be assured of he longest-lasting front tyre.

I still have fond memories of the time a gave my bike the full beans in first, even with standard gearing and the admiring looks of the FZ6 rider alongside me who got a great close-up of my front caliper....

Regards
Stephen R
twisty

Post by twisty »

you can get a stainless steel radiator guard here.
looks cool but useless as a protector.
nice piece of bling.

http://cgi.ebay.de/Kuehlerabdeckung-Mot ... otohosting
franky

Post by franky »

I've seen those before, however its not really my sort of thing! :oops:
V-Fun

Post by V-Fun »

There is(was?!) a company near Bournemouth that makes them too -in a stainless mesh, with a black edge trim -I believe the company is called FAB design.

They are easy to fit using the exiting rad. mounting points.

Mark Jessop or Steve Thomas at 3X will know more...
Guvo

Radiator & Oil cooler guards

Post by Guvo »

Do not waste your UK Pounds on paying a company to make stainless steel guards for you.It is quite straight forward.I submitted a post around a year ago on the procedures to fabricate your own.I will take a few pics,if you guy,s would be good enough to word me up on how to upload on to this forum.They look sharp,purposeful and subtle at the same time.I did paint them black but they look better in the stainless unpainted finish.ImageImageImage
Last edited by Guvo on 17 Jun 2009 00:44, edited 1 time in total.
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Have your pictures hosted on something like Photobucket..
Click properties and copy the URL..at the appropriate part of the post click the Img tag above, paste URL and click the /Img tag and voila, piccies :D
Guvo

Post by Guvo »

Gegde:Thanks for the Intel.A bit more practice on photobucket and I should be able to add photographs with out taking up the whole page.