Engine interchangeable

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
vonhovic@seznam.cz

Engine interchangeable

Post by vonhovic@seznam.cz »

Hello guys,
just wonder what differences has bialbero CostaCorta engines in corsaro, corsaro avio, scrambler, granpasso, etc ? all looks the same but only power changed. are those engines interchangeable ?for example engine from scrambler 2009 can fit into corsaro 2006 and it also will have full power as limitation was done on ECU ? or this has complete different internals and it not fit.
thanks
hombre

Re: Engine interchangeable

Post by hombre »

From what I understood the 140 hp Corsaro-engines have larger valves than the 117 hp-engines, some have an oil-cooler. I know that the 9 1/2 doesn't have the anti-hop clutch like all other models do (do they?)
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

I think the Corsaro has different pistons and two valve springs per valve. The ECU has a different map.
vonhovic@seznam.cz

Thank you. i know that avio and maybe scrambler has not oil cooler and anti hop clutch. Also heard that valves are different so this should be true i guess.
mbmm350s

Post by mbmm350s »

Hi,

I think my SuperScrambler which has the same engine as Milano has different cam to Corsaro? Also no oil cooler.
Mark
hombre

Post by hombre »

vonhovic@seznam.cz wrote: 15 Dec 2022 07:12 Thank you. i know that avio and maybe scrambler has not oil cooler and anti hop clutch. Also heard that valves are different so this should be true i guess.
My Scrambler 2010 has the anti-hop clutch. I remember sliding quite some times (unintended :o ) on the 9 1/2 where I never experienced that on the Scrambler...
vonhovic@seznam.cz

it means that only cams/valces are different or maybe only ECU mapping as our official importer to czech republic says it.
adamsson

Post by adamsson »

Speaking from experience you can fit the 9 1/2 engine into a corsaro and not really notice the difference. The engine map is the most important difference, the 9 1/2 engine has narrower inlet tracts but the same valves and everything else.