Won’t fire up after valve check

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
johnwh

Won’t fire up after valve check

Post by johnwh »

Hi. Just wondering if someone could give me a lead. I have just finished checking the valve clearances which I was happy they were still in tolerance after 26000 kilos if on the minimum. I decided to leave as is but check a little sooner down the track.
To do the job I removed the air box with throttle bodies etc which made checking the clearances easier.
This Morning I put everything back after also changing the fuel filter.
On turning the key it goes through all the normal electrical starting procedure then when I hit the starter the motor does 3 or 4 normal sounding engine turns then stops.
I have checked over all my connections.
What would allow it turn over a set amount of turns then stop?
Interested in your advice.
Cheers John
johnwh

Re: Won’t fire up after valve check

Post by johnwh »

Cheers guys, found the problem. Poor connection.
Happy man
corsaro chris

Re: Won’t fire up after valve check

Post by corsaro chris »

John;

Good result - and I can share your sense of relief! Just had a go starting the ZZ for the first time in 2024; fortunately burst into life after a few seconds turning over but I have the battery on charge as I'll be need to refuel before I do any distance - probably tomorrow.

If you have the pre-2011 machines (and possibly some of the later ones as well) they had an auto-start system where you touched nothing after pressing the starter. The auto sequence would cut the lights and turn the engine without the button pressed and it should fire with seconds (five? - I can't remember, that was so long ago!) If no joy you pressed the button again - if mine didn't fire up after two goes I'd switch the ignition off and wait a few seconds and then switch on again to re-pressurise the fuel system (I think it's called displacement activity...). If still no start I'd crack the throttle open a tad and press again, which would usually do the trick...

But you had a poor electrical connection, so all of the above is just for interest - or not! Whatever, Good Riding for 2024!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"