How about having a passenger?

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
RickD

How about having a passenger?

Post by RickD »

Thinking about buying a Corsaro, I was wondering about having a passenger. Can anyone say something about the comfort of having a passenger or the comfort the passenger is experiencing?

Greetz
OBELIX

Post by OBELIX »

:D For my wife it looks better than my last bike (SUZUKI TL1000S)

but it's not very very comfortable..There is no passenger handle on CORSARO bike... :(
carpe diem

Post by carpe diem »

No passenger needed let the push!!

SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

Now hold on a moment Mr Carpe Diem. You can't post a picture like that with no explanation. :wink:

There is a section at the bottom of this forum titled Adventures, where have you been on your Morini? It's empty at the moment and needs it's first topic to get it started.

Steve
devillismo

Post by devillismo »

Of the 10000 km's maybe 1500 I've ridden with a passenger. Smallish woman, who is experienced motorbike passenger (last year 5000 km's around the Europe with her by Hyosung Comet 650). The Corsaro is more steady with passenger, but you got to be more carefull with the throttle... :wink: Front wheel loses the ground even easier...

For the passenger I don't know about the comfort, she says it's better than Hyosung though. For the rider it's no joy... You have to change your riding style, it really takes to your hands if you ride it like alone, well, at least like I ride it alone... Which means quickly and hard brakings. If the passenger is not leaning on you, then it's hard to ride. Engine is braking so hard when you let off the throttle that the passenger is swinging forth and back and your helmets are banging together all the time. And because the engine doesn't pull smoothly but more like violently, it gives the same effect. So you have to use the clutch to smooth things up in both braking and accelerating. It's annoying. That is in slow speeds here.

But if the passenger leans on you, so that you're like one mass and you start brakings a bit earlier and smoother, the bike itself doesn't care if there's one or two on it. Spring preload is adjustable, although rear is quite tricky job to do.
ei mitn
RickD

Post by RickD »

Thanks for the replies so far, much apreciated.

Currently I don't have a girlfriend, but if, she will be smallish for sure :D

I have had a passenger on my current Ducati 998 and can tell you, that's almost impossible. Most drivers already have trouble with the extreme bend over seating position, but with a passenger on your back it's much worse. Lot's of power on this bike, but with a passenger the forces on your wrist are enormous.

If anyone else has had a passenger on the Corsaro, please don't hasitate to post your experience.
AlainBE

Post by AlainBE »

My sun was once obliged to ride as a passenger for 12 kms... My comment: if you find a girlfriend, don't take her on the Corsaro, she won't stay your girlfriend for long :wink:

Alain