wind protection

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
Quasar

wind protection

Post by Quasar »

Hi all,

I'm very keen on getting a Corsaro but have one reservation: just how much (if any) wind protection does the front "screen" really provide?

I know the bike may not be absolutely perfect and that's OK (I currently ride a Buell and bits fall off on a regular basis), but just how much wind buffeting do you get at motorway speeds?

A "minor" (not biking - scuba diving) accident a couple of years ago did some damage to my kneck, so wind protection is an issue.

Any feedback gratefully received,

Quasar
carpe diem

windscreen

Post by carpe diem »

Hi Quasar, if you're not too tall (1m75?)and wear leathersuit you can easily hold 130km/h on highway without problems , but not if there is some bag on the tank :it's create disturbing sidewindpressure.
I made myself some extra light windscreen without costs : it works up to 150 km/h and breaks enough the breastpressure without breaking the outfitlines of the bike .
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m151 ... delMRA.jpg[/IMG]
carpe diem

Re: windscreen

Post by carpe diem »

carpe diem wrote:Hi Quasar, if you're not too tall (1m75?)and wear leathersuit you can easily hold 130km/h on highway without problems , but not if there is some bag on the tank :it's create disturbing sidewindpressure.
I made myself some extra light windscreen without costs : it works up to 150 km/h and breaks enough the breastpressure without breaking the outfitlines of the bike .
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m151 ... delMRA.jpg[/IMG]
Quasar

Post by Quasar »

Carpe Diem,

Thanks for your reply - useful info.

I like your visor idea!

Dave
1966JEREMY

Post by 1966JEREMY »

HI DONT WORRY ABOUT WIND PROTECTION U HAVE TO GET IT STARTED FIRST THEN STOP AT THE LOCAL GARAGE AN FILL UP BECAUSE FOUR MILES AFTER THE FUEL LIGHT COMES ON U WILL BE PUSHING IT. IF IT COMES ON AT FAREHAM M27 YOU ARE IN FOR A PUSH .