MM3 concept :the logical 3th Moto Morini?!

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
carpe diem

MM3 concept :the logical 3th Moto Morini?!

Post by carpe diem »

so , now we can better "consume" the winterbreak!
CU
Quasar

Post by Quasar »

Carpe Diem,

NO :shock: :shock:

No, No, No.

Logical perhaps, but that's not what M/M should be about. (OK, logic may be what keeps the factory in business.)

Who are they trying to compete with? Its no BMW 1150R, so the real off-road market is out. The Ducati Multistrada or the Buell Ulyses market perhaps? Both superb bikes in their own right perhaps but (in my view) moved away from the direction their own factories had started off in and lost something in the process.

Maybe the UK view (or at least my view) differs from the rest of Europe, but it seems to have lost the flowing lines of the Corsaro and the 3 1/2 etc.

It might be a great long-distance mile killer, but just on the looks, there doesn't appear to be any "soul" there.

Bring out a Corsaro with clip on bars and a small half-fairing and I'll be at the front of the queue ready to buy it. If you think of the Corsaro as a "strada" - I want the "sport" version. (Yep, I know the sport didn't have a fairing, but it didn't have 120bhp either!)

Carpe Diem - please don't take any of this as personal - I'm new here and people don't know me. I say what I think, but its never meant as a personal attack on another person,

Quasar
carpe diem

Post by carpe diem »

Hi Quasar,
No hard feelings: I guess we approach this with some different view : I like to see this with an open apperture , not specially with my own prerogatives..or first sight impression.Meanwhile all the years I rode bikes ( from *78 on..) the Corsaro put some spice in my bike"preferences" : still I enjoy every km rode on it - but I 'm still curious to see and to feel how this "new" alternative of Lambertini's baby will behave...
May be you 'll have to be patient ? .. a new MM4 would be the new challenger for the 1098... who knows , but for sure , with clip ons!!??
CU
CarpeDiem
Quasar

Post by Quasar »

Carpe Diem,

Glad you didn't take offence.

As you say, the real question is how well it handles / rides.

Maybe not clip-ons in the old, extreme, "Gold Commander" style, but separate bars rather than a solid one-piece item. I just think its nicer to see only the top yoke and the clocks rather than have the bars running across in front of them.

I would post a pic of one of my current bikes to give you an idea of what I'm looking for, but I'm still trying to work out the picture posting protocols for this site.

Give me a trellis frame (so you can see the motor), a Corsaro engine and running gear in a package that looks like this and I'd be very happy,

Dave
carpe diem

alive & kicking???

Post by carpe diem »

Hi @ all

I would like to wish to all a mery Christmastime and the best Corsaro's wishes for 2007 : we're apparently about a 128 members !!??
but since mid november quite in a lethargic coma ??
I wish for 2007 a lot of interaction on the net & on th e road!
CU( or better: read you!!)
Carpe diem