twisty

software

Post by twisty »

came across this link

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.a ... 3Ft%3D2903

you tube demo link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyX2u_PP ... r_embedded
the link below has things like relocating the rectifier, fuel pump reserve, etc

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.a ... 00_OBD.htm

the link adapter cable to connect to the morini diagnostic cable ,about £12 uk delivered from germany. photo below (details in first link)
Adapter Stecker Fiat Lancia Alfa Romeo OBD OBD2 II plug.jpg
Adapter Stecker Fiat Lancia Alfa Romeo OBD OBD2 II plug.jpg (23.32 KiB) Viewed 22539 times
also reqd or similar (vw software not reqd)
VW_OBD_Kabel.jpg
VW_OBD_Kabel.jpg (33.09 KiB) Viewed 22539 times
available here for about £9 delivered uk (need to check if it is the same as this one is not for canbus)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... ink:top:en

I downloaded the program and according to the forum details it allows (amongst other things) resetting of the tps without having to buy a powercommander.
worthwhile reading through all the pages on the forum (7) using live translate, as far as i could make out it will give you mapping details, ecu , etc

wealth of info on this german morini forum such as red paint code etc

steering head replacement roller bearings(instead of the ball bearings) Koyo 32907 JR-
well worth a look at this forum
DaveH

Re: software

Post by DaveH »

Nice find Twisty...have ordered the leads today to give it a go.

I am still waiting for Wayne at Tuneboy to analyse the Corsaro map I sent him over 6 months ago - (he was quick enough to send me the connection leads and charge me for the privilege !! :evil: )

Think Tuneboy R&D on this model sucks so need to look for alternatives...this might be just the job.
Dave H

Ducati Multistrada 1200S DVT :)
Moto Morini Corsaro 1200 :lol:
Beta RR300 :mrgreen:
twisty

Post by twisty »

using the above software it says in the german forum that once you have downloaded the data from the bike you need to email the software provider who will supply a license key to enable tps reset.

I wonder if that means just storing the data on the laptop and then connecting to the net once in the house (for those of us with no dongle), or does it need to be done "live,connected to the net" at the bike. :roll:

reply from the german forum who kindly supplied the answer

Hi,
you have to connect to the ECU, copy the ECU Id data via ducdiag copy button into clipboard -> paste to wordpad and post JP via mail or as thread in the demand de license board http://ducatidiag.xooit.com/index.php . JP will sent back a license file you have to copy into the ducdiag folder.

Then, the TPS reset button will become active. You don't need a internet connection for using ducdiag and internet license issue is not supported.
DaveH

Post by DaveH »

I think the procedure is idebntical to the Tuneboy setup..

Basically, once you get the ECU to talk to the software, you copy and paste the ECU serial number into the Ducatidiag web forum page HERE http://ducatidiag.xooit.com/f9-Demande-de-license.htm He will then generate an unlock key and you reverse the process, pasting it in the programs' installation folder to give full functionalty.

Cables arrived this morning so may give it a go over the weekend...

PLEASE NOTE

anyone who is thinking of buying the cables, the FIAT OBD2 adapter comes in 2 versions....one with a single (+ive) battery connection and one with a double (+ive AND ground) connection. Having read through the forum this morning, both will work, but the one with the external ground cable is considered to be safer for the ECU....no prizes for guessing which one I bought...bugger !!! should have read the brief beforehand... :oops:
Dave H

twisty

Post by twisty »

DaveH wrote:I think the procedure is idebntical to the Tuneboy setup..

Basically, once you get the ECU to talk to the software, you copy and paste the ECU serial number into the Ducatidiag web forum page HERE http://ducatidiag.xooit.com/f9-Demande-de-license.htm He will then generate an unlock key and you reverse the process, pasting it in the programs' installation folder to give full functionalty.

Cables arrived this morning so may give it a go over the weekend...

PLEASE NOTE

anyone who is thinking of buying the cables, the FIAT OBD2 adapter comes in 2 versions....one with a single (+ive) battery connection and one with a double (+ive AND ground) connection. Having read through the forum this morning, both will work, but the one with the external ground cable is considered to be safer for the ECU....no prizes for guessing which one I bought...bugger !!! should have read the brief beforehand... :oops:
from the ducati diagnos forum in response to someone who thought they had blown there ecu due to connecting connections in wrong order
Always plug red crocro 1st then even if your invert polarity ,there will be no risk for ecu
DaveH

Post by DaveH »

Have got the Ducatidiag software working with the Morini and sent off for a key...seems just the job...bit concerned that air temp sensor was showing a reading of 25 degrees though as it's only 9 at the moment in the garage !!
Dave H

DaveH

Post by DaveH »

Got the key back already...top marks...everything now functional..this is a top bit of kit ...and to think I almost bought a VDST for nearly £200 !

Cant go wrong with this for a total outlay of £25 and I reckon there may be more functionality to come - the 5AM ECU can be reflashed so thay may be an option in the future for the Morini...!!...will definitely be making a Paypal donation to jpl250rs :D :D :D
Dave H

twisty

Post by twisty »

i bet the dealers will luv u :(

glad it worked,i take it there will be a run on these cheapo cables. I see the connector with the additional earth lead is only about a fiver on ebay (from china)or £7 if you want it from the uk

as you say, if its a good tool a donation will keep the service going :mrgreen:
DaveH

Post by DaveH »

DaveH wrote:Have got the Ducatidiag software working with the Morini and sent off for a key...seems just the job...bit concerned that air temp sensor was showing a reading of 25 degrees though as it's only 9 at the moment in the garage !!
Sussed the temp sensor anomaly...have had the battry off on the optimate over winter...25 degrees is shown as the 'Recovery Value' set by the ECU..assuming it's cos it needs running up which I haven't done yet ...

As for the cables, got mine from HERE http://www.scantool-direct.co.uk/ UK based company and arrived the next day..

Dealers ??? ...don't trust most of em.....had a guy bring me a BMW boxer to sort out last year...had taken bike to a local dealer (admittiedly not BMW franchise) for head gasket replacement...would'nt run properly & they said they couldn't sort it. Turned out they had timed the cams slightly wrong on reassembly... :!:
Dave H

twisty

Post by twisty »

tried the ducatidiag forum

Excellent service from the chap running it, He's a saint :wink:
twisty

Post by twisty »

DaveH wrote:Have got the Ducatidiag software working with the Morini and sent off for a key...seems just the job...bit concerned that air temp sensor was showing a reading of 25 degrees though as it's only 9 at the moment in the garage !!
tried to read from the ecu but no luck.
any chance of a step by step , how to do it.
is the positive cable lead connected to any live lead or the battery?

do i need to load any software apart from ducatidiag
the software that came with my blue vag usb cable was infected with a virus so i had to bin it.
I'm wondering if i'm just missing the driver for the blue cable :|
DaveH

Post by DaveH »

twisty wrote:
DaveH wrote:do i need to load any software apart from ducatidiag
the software that came with my blue vag usb cable was infected with a virus so i had to bin it.
Hi Tom...you need to install the drivers for the cable before connecting it ..try the following link for the drivers

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm

Install the driver first

When you plug the cable in it should then set a virtual com port number - look in Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager/Ports (COM & LPT) to see which port you need to set in the Ducatidiag software to enable communication.

Ignition off
Plug VAG cable into computer
Plug diag adapter into bike
Connect +ive terminal (I used the large cable connection on the solenoid just behind the radiator on the LHS of the bike)
Switch on ignition
Launch Ducatidiag

Reverse to disconnect....
Dave H

twisty

Post by twisty »

DaveH wrote:
twisty wrote:
DaveH wrote:do i need to load any software apart from ducatidiag
Hi Tom...you need to install the drivers for the cable before connecting it ..try the following link for the drivers

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm

Install the driver first

When you plug the cable in it should then set a virtual com port number - look in Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager/Ports (COM & LPT) to see which port you need to set in the Ducatidiag software to enable communication.

Ignition off
Plug VAG cable into computer
Plug diag adapter into bike
Connect +ive terminal (I used the large cable connection on the solenoid just behind the radiator on the LHS of the bike)
Switch on ignition
Launch Ducatidiag

Reverse to disconnect....
appreciate that
is it the vcp driver i need or the d2xx one :?:
i feel like a learner here
DaveH

Post by DaveH »

VCP driver..:-)
Dave H