Comment on queries?

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
mms

Comment on queries?

Post by mms »

Recently picked up my Corsaro (Black) and am so far very impressed and happy with it. However, I have a few queries in the few miles I have done so far (around 500) and would welcome any comment from other users.

1. The water pump seems noisy - more so when cold. Normal?
2. Neutral very hard to get when stationary - will this improve with miles?
3. What is the latest status on modified injection software/hardware? Mine is hard work in town at 30 or 40 mph as it either snatches if the gear is too high or hunts/surges if the gear is too low.
4. Anybody bought any 'toys' for them yet? Quite like the idea of the tank cover and bag and maybe the Termis.

Regards,

MMS

P.S. If anyone doesn't like the tarnishing on the s/s exhaust pipes - it is easily removed with 'Wonder Wheels' wheel cleaner. (Old tip from previous R1100S days)
AlainBE

Post by AlainBE »

Hello MMS and welcome to the club...

My Corsaro is also black. I've had it for nearly a year now and am very happy with it. I have done nearly 6.000 kms now and it runs so well.

At the beginning, as you can read somewhere else in the forum, I had problems with warm starts but since it was properly tuned when it went in for the 5.000 kms maintenance, it seems to be fixed. Unlike others, I've never had cold start problems.

Now to answer your questions:

1. I didn't notice anything.
2. That definitely improves with time.
3. I've had mine modified and it definitely runs better (smoother at low revs).
4. Mine is still stock. My dealer was going to fit the Termignoni exhausts on his during the winter. He promised he'd let me try it... I'll let you know. I am going to order the confort saddle and maybe a few carbon pieces...

Alain
mms

Post by mms »

Thought I would post a reply to some of my own questions, now that I have some more miles on the Corsaro (around 2,000)

1. Waterpump and clutch are no noisier than any other Corsaro I have heard.
2. Neutral now easy to find. Gearbox feel and ratios chosen are very good.
3. Have now had the 'upgrade kit' fitted (comprising new ECU, bigger battery, airbox deflector plate and revised exhaust clamps) and the ECU seems to have helped the low speed running. Need some more miles in hot weather to be totally convinced.
4. No toys yet - still waiting on prices from Dealer.

Overall though, I am very pleased and impressed with the bike and it is very suited to riding on Irish roads ( as several friends on so called 'sportsbikes' have found out!)

MMS
corsaro chris

aftermarket items

Post by corsaro chris »

I have the tank cover and bag for the Corsaro. Used both for the recent TT; the bag protects the tank on the ferry and from the straps for the tank bag. The bag could be larger, but lets you carry heavy items so is a useful addition...
mms

Post by mms »

Thanks for the reply Chris.

I have recently bought the tank bag and cover, but haven't used them yet. I am going to use the Corsaro for a trip into France in Aug/Sept. so will try things then.

Agree about the tankbag size, but am also planning to use a square shaped tailpack for more space. Looked at the Ventura rack system but it's very bulky looking and quite expensive for 1 trip. Not sure about soft throwover type panniers with the high level exhausts.

Have also fitted some of the carbon bits and they are nice quality (just don't try to explain to someone that they are worth the money!)

Also fitted the Termignoni exhausts last night, and they fit ok and look good. Not sure how to take out the baffles though. There is an allen key to take out at the silencer outlet, but this doesn't seem to be the only thing holding the baffles in. Anyone got any info?

Wanted to use the baffles + standard ECU for normal use, but be able to take out the baffles and use with the Termi ECU for occasional runs.

Michael
Sander

Post by Sander »

Hi Michael,

I have seen the baffles on a Veloce, and they are only fixed by one screw.
The problem is that there is a little burr on the thread which you need to remove(after removing the baffle the first time). The first time you will need
a lot of force to remove the baffles.

Sander
mms

Post by mms »

Sander,

Good advice. Thank you.
I tried a bit more brute force and got the baffles out this evening.

Went for a quick ride and found the exhaust note was way too loud, so baffles are now back in again!

Michael