New Corsaro1200 rider in Cumbria

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
corsaro chris

Re: New Cosaro1200 rider in Cumbria

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi Chips;

Ricambi is Italian for spares - you'll get to learn a few more wqords with Morini, but it's easier than Japanese!!!

Good riding (eventually)

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

Having looked on the forum and spoken to 3X about the Speedo problem I wondered how I could find the reason behind the loss of signal.
So I got an oscilloscope of of Ebay close by to Carlisle and will l look at the signal and try to tune it in to it's best pulse.
There must be more 60 buttons on the bl***** thing, hope the Iranians don't need it.
If I can get it to work I'll see what air gap is best and if my nuts should be polished.
Of course the tolerance maybe different for each sensor, but it's a start.

Cheers
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
twisty

Post by twisty »

that email address to italy,is it

ricambi@motomorini.eu

as when i try this address the mail comes back as undelivered
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

ricambi@motomorinimotorcycles.eu

This is a copy of the emails address from mthem so it should work.

Cheers
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

So far I have checked the waveform from the speed sensor and it's not a square wave. But the speedo is now working?

Replaced the 5 pin connector from the fuel pump with a new set from Ebay, quick response and £4.85 inc postage for both halves. Also got a male connector from the same bloke to attache to the end of my battery maintainer to fit the socket on the Corsaro, £2.95 inc postage. AutoStar is the supplier on Ebay I used.

The lock on the seat broke because the thread was stripped on the screw retaining the lever. Tapped it 5mm with a plug tap and glued it with metal epoxy, cut a 5mm bolt and screwed it in. To get at it I had to remove the rear seat fairing, what a joy of design, no bolt heads sticking out, all carefully postioned not to disrupt the flow of the fairing. Love this bike.
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

The heel guard on the gear side has cracked, it's made of pressed steel, painted and to be honest is a bit cheap looking. So I've got a piece of 3/16 Alloy plate and made a replacement. The Problem is that it shines too much. It's out of place with the other components on the bike which are painted silver grey. So I may just continue and do some other bits and swap some of the bolts for Stainless.
I have a rear seat that seems to have been covered in Fibre glass, and according to Nfitz, it was made in Germany, well it's cracked and I repaired it and resprayed it but now it's cracked at the backend so I'll need to repeat the job. Still it looks the part. Just need to get a longer hugger, so that there is no water ingress into the under seat compartment, especially as the connection to the rectifier is made with connector block. Is this normal?
The speedo has not failed since I removed the sensor and rerouted the plug, socket and cable. Fingers crossed.
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

More travels on the Corsaro.
Rear seat is removed and replaced with the hump again, the rear foot rests gone, so no parrots to worry about. :!:

Have done 600+ miles this week, had to go down south to do some work. Took the A6 down from Carlisle, Penrith, Shap, Kendal, Preston M61 to Manchester, Stockport, Buxton, over the top to Bakewell, Matlock Bath, Chicken Pie, Derby, Leicester. A50 Northampton.
The Corsaro is averaging 34 MPG. Not sure if this is good or bad?
Not problems with the electrics, speedo, in the drizzle next day 50 miles back up and down the A50.
Beginning to get used with the front end, it seemed a little light, but now have more confidence turning into the corners. Especially as I've done wet stuff now.
Returned the reverse direction to Carlisle the next day, in the afternoon, set off and the weather was kind, coldish but dry with a little sun, Fish and chips in Matlock Bath, got to Shap about 6:45, on my own, a couple of Saxo's but not a lot more. Even more passionate about the Wee Pirate now, as if you're floating above the beast, hovering over the Termi's, constant beat, nothing revving too much, it's always cold on the top of Shap, exciting though.
Washed her down the next day, a good scrubbing, cleaned the chain with paraffin and a bucket of god knows what from Hein Gerrick. Polished today and stripped out a few bolts waiting for the stainless stuff off of Ebay.
Interesting about cutting the air, the buffeting seems to be there only when the winds are diagonal to the direction of travel, must mean that the tiny screen is working somewhat.
Really want to do the A9, up through Scotland, but will have to be wary about the Lang Arm of the Lore and save some cash for fuel. Been using top grade fuel, anyone any ideas on this? :D
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
DaveH

Post by DaveH »

Chips1953 wrote:Hi AR.

I think I'll give the pipe polishing a miss at the moment, don't really want anyone else touching her special parts!
Hope your's is for a service and nothing untoward.
Hopefully we'll meet up and swap stories sometime next year. Looking forward to being part of the club.

Cheers George
Polishing the pipes is dead easy without paying for the privelege.
Start with a piece of green pan scourer material and plenty of Solvol Autosol.
This will quickly remove the baked on crud.
Next take a strip of cotton material about 2 feet long and 3" wide.
Plenty of Solvol on the pipe and wrap the strip[ around it over the paste twice so you have a one end in each hand.
Pull the cloth alternately in a sawing motion - the pipes gert buffed to a mirror shine in no time :D
Dave H

Ducati Multistrada 1200S DVT :)
Moto Morini Corsaro 1200 :lol:
Beta RR300 :mrgreen:
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

Hi Dave
Well I tried as you said except that I didn't use Solvol, as I have not got any. So Tcut and Brasso don't work, but I'll get some this week and give it a shot.
But as I was down near the front pipe I noticed the oil pipes and starter cable were chaffing, so cleaned it all down and removed the clamps, put some spiro wrap on the oil pipes and the cable. Put the clamps back, but will keep a close eye on the situation. Thanks Dave.
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hi George,

I think I mentioned that at Devil's Bridge. If you look on this forum I think you'll find some photos of one where the pipe has split. An obvious design fault that could have serious consequences...

Mike.
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

Hi Mike
You certainly did mention it at devils Bridge and I'm glad I never checked it there, here is a photo of the spiro wrap, not as interesting as K.Knightley but we can't have everything.
177 (2)1_edited-1.jpg
177 (2)1_edited-1.jpg (92.25 KiB) Viewed 19086 times
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

So it was fine evening up here, at least it looked OK for a jaunt into the Borders. Set off for Langholm and to my dismay the horizon was curtained off from England by rain.
Turned right towards the North East and right again for the Penines, I thought I'll have to go to Alston again up over the top to Penrith, taking in view on the top on the way.
The backdrop to the North was black like a horde of highlanders up for blood, whilst the South was cut by shafts of sunlight stabbing the land all around, reflecting the in the lakes and rivers.
God knows why I live up here with my Corsaro?
One thing spoilt the trip, being asked to take my helmet off before I could refuel in Alston, not much of a problem really.
The Morini beat the rain to get back home first.
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

Well here goes then, as I've fallen for the Corsaro and I've purchased a Camel from Steve Brown then I've got to get rid of some of my 3 Hondas, well all 3 it seems.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150830944186? ... _720wt_922
So if you know of someone who has a lust for a CB, then point him in the right direction.
The blade is next, painfully going these toys of my past, hope it's not like getting married.
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi George;

Good to meet you last month - you've seen what Paul Compton says ~ you either ever have only one Morini or you never only have one Morini, or something like that... :D

Anyway, see you again soon, and don't forget the Corsaro (or Camel) for the Scottish Show next year :wink:

Morini ownership versus marriage - it's much more serious than that...

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

Well still have not managed to get hold of the Camel as yet. Went out and as it's a fine day up here fired up the old CB705 and away she went, decided not sell here, stopped the auction on EBay. Just have to find some room now.
Attachments
cb750texhaustsmall.jpg
cb750texhaustsmall.jpg (58.34 KiB) Viewed 18999 times
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965