SteveMRC
Site Admin

Corsaro 1200

Post by SteveMRC »

I'll have a red one please. :twisted:
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

Just noticed on the official factory site that they also do them in yellow and black. Always liked yellow bikes. Now I can't decide between red or yellow
:?

RedVee

Post by RedVee »

As far as I'm concerned if it's a Morini it's red! :) The yellow & black reminds me of a wasp, perhaps it looks better in real life!
Morinis & Motorcycles - Is there anything else?
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

I'm guessing the bike used in the test in Bike this month on a ride to the Millau bridge is the one I rode on trade plates before Christmas for ATG. HF55 JXO - in 30 years time you will be as famous as GOC 249N!
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

Did the sonorous booming bark have the same effect on a part of your anatomy that it did to the Bike tester ? :shock:
RedVee

Post by RedVee »

The mind boggles!
buzby

Post by buzby »

Im sure the new bikes are great to ride but I have mixed feelings over the styling, I know it is a vee twin but it does not look like one, the rear cylinder is hidden by frame tubes and the Morini name is tiny. Why? :?
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

I like to see the engine in a bike, that's why I am so attracted to V-Twins. If you look at the two bikes in the banner at the top of the page, the old 3 1/2 has the better looking engine. You can see through the frame and engine.
Modern frame designs use a straight line from steering head to swinging arm to give a rigid frame and better handling, but this does tend to hide the rear cylinder. At least they didn't use an alloy beam frame like the Japanese.
AlainBE

I got one!!

Post by AlainBE »

Hi everyone,

Just registered and thought I'd share my experience with you...

I picked up mine 8 days ago (a black one) and I just love it. It is the nicest bike I ever ever owned, after a Suzuki Marauder, a Honda VFR, a Honda XX and a CBR900 that I just sold to buy the Morini.

After a week and nearly 900 kms, I have no regret whatsoever. The bike is very well finished and the engine is absolutly fantastic.

I must have the first on in Belgium and I can tell you everyone is looking at it whenever I stop somewhere.

I was a bit hesitant, not knowing anything about reliability and availability of spare parts, but decided to go ahead as I could buy it from my Honda dealer whom I trust.

So far I have just loved every kilometer on it :-)

Alain
RedVee

Post by RedVee »

Congratulations! I'm jealous!
AlainBE

Post by AlainBE »

RedVee wrote:Congratulations! I'm jealous!
Thanks! 1.100 kms now. Until 750 kms, the manual advises not to go over 5.500 RPM, then from 750 til the first maintenance (at 1.500 kms), limit it to 7.500 RPM. So yesterday afternoon, I started to open up progressively and, oh boy, what a dream. It really pushes! And the music from the engine... even with the original exhaust from the factory...

Talking about that, I haven't seen any exhausts from other manufacturers. Even on the Termignoni site, there is nothing...

Alain
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

Alain, welcome, you are the first Corsaro owner on the board.
Let us know how you get on with the bike, I would like to hear everything, good or bad. They are still too new here in the UK to have heard of any problems with them.

Do you get much noise from the airbox under the tank or is it all exhaust noise? My old Monster 900 made a fabulous noise from the airbox when the throttles were cracked open, the standard exhausts were far too quiet though. A set of Termis were around £900-1000 :( so I never fitted any.
AlainBE

Post by AlainBE »

So far, nothing bad to say about the bike. Well, come to think of it: the front lights: there's a 2 to 3 mm gap between the body of the light and the glass (sorry if I don't picture this very well, but english is not my first language). Of course, bees, flies and other insects tend to get stuck in there and I haven't found a good way to get it clean properly.

They are very new here too. In fact, so new that I haven't received the conformity document yet. It should arrive this week.

The noise is not only the exhausts. You feel and hear the engine under you. It's my first twin and I just love it. I'll take some pictures if you like.

The startup procedure is funny: you press the button and the electronic takes over (you don't keep pushing), like on the Ducati 999. It rarely starts the first time though. I found out that if you give a little bit of gas at the same time, it helps.

I am going for the first maintenance (at 1.500 kms) on the 20th.

Next time I go for a ride, I'll try to tape the engine noise with my PDA. If it works, I could send the file with some pictures. Let me know if you're interested.
hdbiker

Hi to all Morini fans!

Post by hdbiker »

Hi Morini brothers,

Just registered and thought I'd share my experience with you about my new red Morini Corsaro! If you want to hear the sound please enter the link http://mossn.free.fr/video/vid3.mpg
This is my red corsaro the first come in Greece,Athens.Is really a modern 350 sport!Nice bike!Has really 140 CV!But of course is not my first Morini,i just owned 3 others 350.
Ciao to all you,Vangelis :D
http://morini350hellas.altervista.org
AlainBE

First problem with Corsaro

Post by AlainBE »

I had my first problem with my new Corsaro last night. It started no problem and after I'd let the engine warm up for a few minutes, it stalled when I tried to take off. From then on, absolutely nothing was happening when I was pressing the starting button.

When turning the ignition key on, everything seemed to be OK, but pushing the button would do nothing...

The battery was at 11.6 volts, so I thought the problem came from that. I put it on charge the whole night and this morning it was at 11.5 v!

I then removed the fuses one by one to test them with my meter. When I'd finished, something must have resetted because the engine started on first ttry. A few minutes later, the battry was already at 11.8 v.

Strange!

Alain