Corsaro 1200

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
kmorini

fuelling

Post by kmorini »

had same problem with the fuelling, mines in at Corsaitaliana for a new ecu and first service....also had similar probs with the neutral light.i'll let u know the result after i pick up the bike on tuesday.
muchomojo

Post by muchomojo »

How about starting ? It struggles to be honest. 3 or 4 times it stalls - I find I have to gently rev it at around 2000rpm to stop it stalling. Bit of a pain.
kmorini

Post by kmorini »

yup - out the same, guaranteed start 1st time and die within 30 sec thereafter juggling with thottle until it warms up....last week was running thru town with tickover at 2500 !!
muchomojo

Post by muchomojo »

I don't wanna moan about the bike - it's a cracking package but the few small niggles spoil it. The starting procedure I can take but the constant stalling in town is proper rough. It makes the bike impossible to ride in town.

Does everyone get this ? Is there any cure ? My previous bike, KTM Superduke, did something similar for awhile. It was due to the bike needing to be properly warmed up before riding - according to KTM.
AlainBE

Post by AlainBE »

I have had a few stalls at the beginning as well, even when the engine was hot. Not as bad as you though. Are you sure the idle RPM is not set too low? When it was happening to me, I was keeping a little bit of gas when slowing down.

I don't have problems with cold starts, I just turn the throttle a few milimetres when pushing the starter and it nearly always starts on first try.

I do have problems with warm starts though. When I stop for petrol for example, when the engine is hot. It really is difficult to restart then. Sometimes I have to try a dozen times with everyone staring at me... So far, it always started eventually.

Last week-end, after taking petrol and trying to start the bike a couple of times, I even had the engine light on the dashboard that remained lit. I had to switch the ignition off a few times before it eventually went off with the other lights (oil presure etc...). I got worried for a while.

Another problem that happened once is at cold start, it stalled and then nothing: when turning the ignition on, everything happened normally, but when I pushed the starter, nothing was happening. I removed all electrical fuses one by one and it came back to normal afterwards (it sort a of reset). Weird! It only happened once though.

I have an appointment on the 4th September with the importer for the upgrade. Apparently, my problems should be solved afterwards.

I'll be curious to see the difference.

Otherwise, this is the most enjoyable bike I have ever owned and have absolutely no regret so far.

Alain
muchomojo

Post by muchomojo »

The bike idles at 1500rpm so I don't think that is the problem. I've been in touch with my dealer and they are looking into the problem.

Your issues sound far more worrying than mine. I guess modern motorcyclists are used to having things running perfectly all the time. If I wanted that I'd have bought a Honda ! Biking for me is an adventure, and the Morini is certainly that so far...
muchomojo

Post by muchomojo »

AlainBE wrote:I have had a few stalls at the beginning as well, even when the engine was hot. Not as bad as you though. Are you sure the idle RPM is not set too low? When it was happening to me, I was keeping a little bit of gas when slowing down.

I don't have problems with cold starts, I just turn the throttle a few milimetres when pushing the starter and it nearly always starts on first try.

I do have problems with warm starts though. When I stop for petrol for example, when the engine is hot. It really is difficult to restart then. Sometimes I have to try a dozen times with everyone staring at me... So far, it always started eventually.

Last week-end, after taking petrol and trying to start the bike a couple of times, I even had the engine light on the dashboard that remained lit. I had to switch the ignition off a few times before it eventually went off with the other lights (oil presure etc...). I got worried for a while.

Another problem that happened once is at cold start, it stalled and then nothing: when turning the ignition on, everything happened normally, but when I pushed the starter, nothing was happening. I removed all electrical fuses one by one and it came back to normal afterwards (it sort a of reset). Weird! It only happened once though.

I have an appointment on the 4th September with the importer for the upgrade. Apparently, my problems should be solved afterwards.

I'll be curious to see the difference.

Otherwise, this is the most enjoyable bike I have ever owned and have absolutely no regret so far.

Alain
OK, another small problem. I'm having what sounds like the same prob as you, alain. Cold start, gently on the throttle to stop it stalling, temp upto 43 degrees. I then get lazy and close the throttle. Bike stalls and won't restart. It sounds like the ECU has confused and has not reset itself. Not had a chance to try removing and replaing the fuses, will have a go....

The starter button does nothing, there is the sound of the system 'booting up' but it does not go off.
muchomojo

Post by muchomojo »

OK, swapped the fuses in and out and after swapping what is fuse number 5 in the manual, the display reset itself and there was a re-booting type sound. The bike then started with no problems. Strangely, the bike felt much more aggressive on the throttle than it has done so far. It almost felt like a new fuel map....bizarre.
devillismo

ok

Post by devillismo »

Mine has about 9000 kms now on the odo. After I had the new ecu I haven't had any problems. Ok, sometimes when cold starting, it stalls after 'bout half a minute of idle, but that's not really a problem. It cold starts every time on first. Same with warm engine. I haven't had a single stall in town or anywhere else after the new ecu, which means the last 7000 km's. I never touch the throttle when starting, cold or warm. When cold, it starts and revs are about 2500 for a couple of seconds, then down to 1500. I let it idle till temp is bout 50 to 60 degrees C. The starter feels weak, but every time it starts on first.
ei mitn
muchomojo

Post by muchomojo »

Thats interesting about it revving at 2500rpm when you start from cold and then down to 1500rpm.

To be honest if it was not such a great ride the little problems would annoy me. As soon as I open the throttle though I fall in love with the bike all over again. The engine is 10/10 from me, I am very interested to see if MM produce a Superbike around it....I think Ducati should be worried.
muchomojo

Post by muchomojo »

More news: So far when I've coaxed the engine upto 60 degrees, it has been fine when starting. Today it kept stalling all over the place. It got to 60, stalled. Started it again and it got to 70 odd and stalled once more. It's not done that before. Again, when the bike is on the open road there are no problems.

I'm still 2500 miles from the next scheduled service.
OBELIX

Post by OBELIX »

:D Hello everybody..My Corsaro was arrived and i feel very happy...
250kms was done now with this new bike and it's a real pleasure..
The engine is wonderful...the brakes are OK for me even iof the rear brake is not very hard...the position on bike is very good...the height is very important, with my 175 cm i just stand on tiptoe...!!!
I think there is the last modifications on my bike because i have not the problems related on your posts....For example after a stop for gasoline no problem to restart the bike..first pression on engine buttom and quick start of the engine..The only think strange on this bike is the fact that the rear arm is not marked and to make a retension of the chain...it's not very easy...i'm surprise because even if the bike is in running period (max 5500 tr/mn) the engine is wonderful and i'm in France so just with 106HP....So i can imagine with 140HP!!!!
I would like to put a pic of my bike but i do'nt know how to process.. :D
Sander

Post by Sander »

OBELIX wrote:The only think strange on this bike is the fact that the rear arm is not marked and to make a retension of the chain...it's not very easy...
Hi Obelix,

There are some markings on the swingarm, but it's a ±3mm hole in the black recessed part, so it's difficult to see.
My chain is only adjusted at delivery and the 5000km interval. When the bike was delivered at the dealer it was even too tight. A too tight chain can do a lot more damage then a too loose chain! :shock:
OBELIX

Post by OBELIX »

:D
This is 4 pics of my bike...
450KMS ....Fun!!!Fun!!!!Fun::::!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImageImageImage
devillismo

10000 km's

Post by devillismo »

Hell low!

10000 km's and my riding season is about ending. Second Pirelli Diablo reartire is totally worn out, and in front there's also not much rubber left... Here's a picture (don't know if I can manage with this img -thing...) of me and my bike on a race track day couple of weeks ago, second time for me this summer. It was really fun!!

ei mitn