Corsaro 1200

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

Just a thought, will the bike start if the gears are not in neutral?

I was caught out on my BMW when I could not get it to start one evening. Ignition worked, all electrics seemed ok, lights, indicators, horn, but the starter button did nothing.
After pulling all the fuses I realised the green neutral light was not on. Clicked it into neutral and it fired up. :oops:

Steve
AlainBE

Post by AlainBE »

Yes it will start in gear if you pull the clutch, even with the stand down. It wasn't that.

I just posted some pictures on this page: http://users.skynet.be/vfr/morini.htm

Alain
AlainBE

Post by AlainBE »

And I just added a little video... Same link as above, 4MB!

Alain
carpe diem

corsaro first 2000km

Post by carpe diem »

Hi Morini fans , hereby my little contribution after the first 2000km on my Corsaro , all of them in the French Alps : 350 km a day , this was amazing and fun! : you can turn in a pocket and ones more or less half out the turn ,put the trottle a little up and the incredible twin boost it up -even it's still in the 100HP mode for riding in , withhout passing the 5500 and thereafter 7500 rpm )
just want later on improve the 15000/2500rpm range : euro3 /kat. is strangling it down :look forwards to Remus Y-without kat( see site märz Germany) or equivalent to let him breath better down under. 6.2/6.4 lit /100km .
AlainBE

Post by AlainBE »

Woaw, a third Corsaro owner and and a second one from Belgium!

I went for a little ride on Saturday afternoon and for the first time, saw another one on the road (in Luxembourg): a black one as well.

I use 7.2 l. per 100 kms, but mine is full power.

Where exactly are you in Belgium and where did you buy it?? Maybe, we could get together sometimes?

Alain, in London for the whole week...
Sander

Post by Sander »

Hi, i'm a bit late discovering this forum. Until now i've only been using the morini mailing list. I "recently" (24 march) bought a new Corsaro 1200 here in the netherlands and have until now ridden only 3500km.

First impressions are very good, only minor problems and big fun! :D
I'm still in doubt over the track day at Cadwell park. I know it's a very nice circuit, but i don't know if i want to race the Corsaro without modifications. I heard from others that the rear shock is getting too hot on the track (between head and exhaust) and i'm not sure if i can get leave from work.

I've only been riding my own Corsaro, so i'm wondering if the rev-limit light is so hard to see on all Corsaros?

(should i post this under a few subjects? i can also add that i have a 500 waiting to be repaired with the engine of a 501) 8)
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

Sander
I can only encourage you to come. My understanding as organiser is that there will be other New Corsaro owners there that you can discuss the bikes with, and they may well have some answers for you. You will also get to find out if the shock overheats, but the sessions are only 20 mins long, and as I mentioned before on the Morini list, no need to race, just ride for fun like everyone else.
It would also be unlikely that you are the only person there from the Netherlands, as we have had a rider from ther for the past 4 or 5 years, and as a rider from Europe you will get a bit of a discount on the price.

David
devillismo

Post by devillismo »

Hell low!

I just found this forum. I'm an owner of a red Corsaro 1200 from Finland. I bought mine in the beginning of April, and have now ridden it about 5100 kms. Very impressive and enjoyable bike!

About month ago I received a newly programmed engine control unit, it solved a couple of problems: The bike was very hard to cold start, everytime it took about 8-10 starts to get it running. And the other problem was idling, at warm outside temperature (over 20 deg C)it would stall every now and then at idle. Now it starts and runs perfectly!

I have a picture of mine at:
http://www.moottoripyora.org/kuva-album ... CT0053.JPG
ei mitn
Peter V

Post by Peter V »

Hello fellow Corsaro 1200 owners. Finally a place where you can exchange information about this wonderfull bike. I have a Red corsaro 1200, i bought it begin of april and i must say a complete new experience, that beeing a naked bike and a 2 cilinder. I come from japanes sports bikes (GSXR750, Fireblade's) so i didn't know what to expect really. I drove a ducati 998 once for half an hour but thats it for 2 cilinder experience :D

Now as for the Corsaro 1200, i think it's wonderfull man, what a power from below, it doesn't sound quick (used to hearing high refs) but it goes like lightning, me like a lot :lol: And the sound, even with the original pipes is awesome. I must say i have some of the issues mentioned here, like stall when idle or when you almost stopped, which is annyoing, so i would like to ask you Devillismo that newly programmed engine control unit was original factory kit? cause i didn't hear anything from my dealer about it.
2nd problem i had was with the engine itself, i broke it in like i should until 800km 5500rpm max and the following 700 km 7500rpm max, After this at about 1600 km i had it serviced no problem and i went home again. then after a few days i got a call from my dealer telling me not to ride the bike anymore. After inspecting the oilstrainer that came off after the 1st service they found some parts of a needle bearing in the oil strainer, which can come from in the leftside of the crankcase or in the right side for the shift cam/desmodromic shaft. After contacting Morini Italy, they decided to replace the engine with a new one. The old engine is beeing shipped back to Morini for inspection, so i don't know the cause of it and they probaly wont tell me or the dealer either. But it was all handled very quickly with warranty of course. So currently i'm braking the Corsaro in again :)

Well that was it for my experience with the Corsaro sofar. Ill be back here more often to check up on any news. If you want to share info or anything you can e-mail me as well.
devillismo

Post by devillismo »

The new engine control unit came from factory, via Finnish importer to my local dealer, who changed it to my bike with no cost. I heard that the factory decided to handle the problem that way rather than giving programming security codes to dealers, as there had been some problems in re-programming the engine maps (dealer told me so).
ei mitn
Sander

Post by Sander »

Hi Peter,
Congratulations with your first twin. I hope the new engine gives no more troubles. If you read the German importer's website you can see they have a fix for the starting problems which replaces the ECU(program?), changes the starter gearing and provides a better battery. They also add a shield to prevent water coming into the airbox.

All is provided from the factory under guarantee. I hope the dutch importer will follow soon.

Do you live near me? (near Oss) Maybe we can meet somewhere. This weekend i'm at the Classic Races at Spa-Francorchamps. (With my Laverda this time)
Peter V

Post by Peter V »

Sander wrote: Do you live near me? (near Oss) Maybe we can meet somewhere. This weekend i'm at the Classic Races at Spa-Francorchamps. (With my Laverda this time)
Hello Sander, thx for the info from the German Importeur, i forwarded that info to my dealer to see if he can find out if the Dutch Importeur knows anything about it yet. So fingers crossed :lol:

As for living nearby, well not really i live in Drachten in the Northern part of Holland. I think Oss is about a 2 hour drive from here. If i where on holiday now i would come to Spa no problem, but my holiday begins 3 weeks from know i'm afraid. Keep in touch.

Are you going to the track day in England? And if so, when is it? Sounds very tempting, love the UK, would like to go if it falls in my Holiday weeks. Let me know plz.
devillismo wrote: The new engine control unit came from factory, via Finnish importer to my local dealer, who changed it to my bike with no cost. I heard that the factory decided to handle the problem that way rather than giving programming security codes to dealers, as there had been some problems in re-programming the engine maps (dealer told me so).
Thx for your information Devillismo, much appriciated, lets hope we get it soon as well overhere in the Netherlands.
Peter V

1st Damage to my Corsaro

Post by Peter V »

:( Yes it's true 1 month old and damage already

Bumped into the back of a german who drove a brand new VW, i told him the corsaro was new as well so that made things even :D Damage looks to be not to big, fronttire fairing scratched and bend, Steering fairing bend, brake lever bend a little, and the protector plate of the radiator was bend so that did his job. Here are some pics.....

Corsaro 1
Corsaro 2
VW Golf 1
VW Golf 2

Still had a good day of driving and halfway again with braking the corsaro in.
hdbiker

Post by hdbiker »

What a pity Peter!!But of course you can find the new spare parts from mother-morini!!
My mechanic here in Italy told me that we have by now use the program 49 on new centralina on all Corsaro.In italian Corsaro Forum (http://www.forumfree.net/?f=1451301 )all Corsaro's changed the map of centralina with the new one 49,they have not more the problem of the past!!
Ride like a Corsaro!!!!
Ciao,Vangelis :D
http://morini350hellas.altervista.org
Peter V

Updates for Corsaro are on the way

Post by Peter V »

Yes the importeur in the Netherlands received some updates and is sending them to dealers around the country a.s.a.p. So we finally got them as well.

All is well with the Corsaro broke it in again and it's having it's 1st service again on Saturday. Ready for the trip to the UK :D

*** Does any of the Corsaro owners outside Italy have a username and password to login to the "My Moto Morini" on the Moto Morini site? And if so, where did you get it from.