Corsaro 1200

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
AlainBE

Post by AlainBE »

Does any of the Corsaro owners outside Italy have a username and password to login to the "My Moto Morini" on the Moto Morini site? And if so, where did you get it from.
I asked the question on the Morini website and I was told it was only available for the Italian customers. A shame really.

I am desperately waiting for the upgrade. I really have problems with warm starts... I hope it fixes it.

A pity I can't make it to Cadwell...

Alain
Sander

Post by Sander »

Great news Peter,

My Corsaro is scheduled for an early 5000km service at the end of this week. I hope he gets the new parts in time. I will be prepared for Cadwell with luggage space for the tent, fully serviced engine, and a new rear tire. :D
Peter V

Post by Peter V »

Well thats weird mine is gonna be serverd this Saturday as well :wink:
Getting a new reartire as well, will keep the one i have on it stored, so that i can put it back on when the new one is finished. Don't know if the updates will be there though, don't matter, it's driveable can be done afterwards.

Catch ya on the boat Sander.
Sander

Post by Sander »

Bad news for the updates. They won't be there before trackday :(

I heard from my dealer that everyone gets a letter from the (dutch) importer when it's their turn to get the updates. Hope they will do it in order of purchase. :)
Peter V

Post by Peter V »

:x :x Would be to good to be true before we leave Sander. But you can always hope :D
Sander

Post by Sander »

I was too soon. Maybe my dealer can be very convincing :). With the parts that he got today for the service, they also included some updates:

- a plastic flap that needed to be put at the lower side of the air intake. Probably to reduce the intake of warm air from the radiator :?:
- a new battery cover/tool tray that has no hole to fix it :?: :?:
Old cover

- A new ECU! (old ECU)
I don't know which program is inside, but somewhere between the numbers is a 51(0). The italian forum was talking about program 49 as the new program.

The new ECU gives a much smoother pickup from low revs. Tomorrow i'll try the "cold" start (night temperatures are now 20+°C).

The links lead to the pictures on my home server.
Auriga

Post by Auriga »

Hi guys,

just want to say version "49" of the injection mapping (is that correct?) will solve many -if not all- of the problems like stall at cold start, irregular functioning at low rpm (1700-2300), etc.

I had it at the beginning of June and now it's just wonderful.

bye! A
carpe diem!
Sander

Post by Sander »

Hi Auriga,

Nice to have someone from italy on this forum too. I've been looking into the italian forum, but my italian is not good enough to write there. (hope my english is good enough ;) )

About version "49" of the mapping: How do you identify the version number?
Do you have a picture of the ECU type-plate?

Ciao! :)
Peter V

Post by Peter V »

Sander bike is ready, serviced, new reartire all set to go. Don't have the updates yet that will be done in a few weeks time. And there are more Updates coming according to the two letters the dealer got from the importer, not major stuff, all little things.
OBELIX

Post by OBELIX »

:D I have a question may be idiot...My new Corsaro 1200 is arrived now on my dealer warehouse, but i don't know if it's with the old or new ECU.
If it's the old i hope my dealer was keep informed by Moto Morini about this problem in order to change the ECU without problems and delay...
By my side is it possible to know if it's the old or new ECU put into the motorbike?
Thank you in advance for your answers.
:D
Sander

Post by Sander »

Welcome Obelix!,

If you look at my post from 21 July, there is a link to pictures of my old and new ECU. The old ECU had my framenumber on it. If your bike is new from factory with the new ECU, it could be that it has the framenumber on it, but when the ECU is re-fitted after production i think it will look like my new ECU.

This is only speculation, i didn't look at any ECU's on other Corsaro's.

I have now a bit more experience with the new ECU, and it is surely better to drive when cold and at low revs. But after a week of not driving I needed to start it a second time to get it running. This is better then before, but still not perfect. (Who cares, it's a wonderfull bike :D )
OBELIX

Post by OBELIX »

:D Sander,
Thank you for your prompt reply...i will have a look when i have to go to my dealer warehouse to check whith him the bike..
I have to print your pictures showing the 2 ECU...(old and new)..in order to ask him for a quick request to Morini........eventually...
My CORSARO is black... :) she's is beautiful in black, i saw a red in Ytaly but it looks more like a Ducati so it's one of the reason my choice is a black bike.
:?
muchomojo

Post by muchomojo »

Hi all,

I've just put a deposit down on a Corsaro from Red Dog in Edenbridge, Kent. Red Dog had an open weekend on and I, having just sold my KTM Superduke, went down to test ride a few bikes.

They had the Benelli TnT Cafe Racer, MV Agusta 910 Brutale & also a S/H BMW R1100S Boxercup. The Corsaro just blew me away....the engine is so much more powerful than the Superduke and just made me laugh my head off. It was just fantastic.

Anyhow, they had the demo for sale and I decided to go for it at £7600. Don't know yet when I'll be picking it up but am very happy and excited.

Will keep you updated.
OBELIX

Post by OBELIX »

:D I talk with my dealer Morini yesterday afternoon...and we have another discussion on Morini engine problem in France.....as you know in France all bikes are restricted for the power of the engine (max 106 Hp) and full power the Morini deliver 140 Hp....
My dealer is waiting the laptop computer mallet in order to "pass" in full power the Morini because there is a engine setting who will be done.
For your information the cost of this laptop is 1500 Euro...so the setting will be not free of charge for me...what a stupid law we have in France...We can't have a motorbike with more than 106 Hp but we can have a car with 600 Hp without problem... :o I will revert to you asap with my first opinion after 1000 kms in 106 Hp.... :o
muchomojo

Post by muchomojo »

Greetings my fellow Corsaroni !(?)

I picked up my bike today and have a few observations from my first 100 miles. On my journey home from my dealer, the bike stalled over a dozen times - I actually lost count how many exactly - , everytime whilst either slowing to a stop in town or at the traffic lights. It caused me no-end of problems - the bike did not always fire-up first time and I had many angry motorists behind me ! I must say that while on the open road at speed the bike is fantastic. The Fuel injection was perfect, no complaints at all. The other thing to be wrong is the 'Neutral' light. It is on almost all the time and the gear selector on the dash seems not to work along with the 'N' light. It is not a big problem but its frustrating - Red Dog said they attempted a fix but it made no difference.

Anyhow, looks like I won't get much chance to ride this weekend but if I do, you'll get a full run-down.