Tuning and modding my Bike 06 Corsaro.

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
Tricky

Re: Tuning my Bike 06 Corsaro.

Post by Tricky »

Next tuning update will be in a months time, You only live once so i decided in my wisdom to decat my exhaust, its got to be worth 5 HP.

Rich
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

The cats going, was quoted £80 by a local Custom builder to remove my Cat internally, astheticly it will remain unchanged When its done I will update this section, Just waiting on my new rear shock, when that arrives im going to strip it all down and get te exhaust off.
Rich
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

Sounds good, or even better, will you have to do something with the ECU as well? Re-program?
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Chips1953 wrote:Sounds good, or even better, will you have to do something with the ECU as well? Re-program?
In truth I dont know, my gut feeling is no, as its been mapped taking out the Lambda, I will suck and see. I need to fix somthing on my bike before doing this so i guess it will be cat free with in the next 2-4 weeks.
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

My bikes booked in Tuesday 11th to have my Nitron Road and Track Shock Fitted see pic. The CAT will be removed too. Forks will have their Oil changed all by a local custom bike builder called Attitude customs. Si, the owner is mates with my brother, didnt know that at the time of going in. An amazing work shop like a mini OCC. quoted me £130.

BSD Racing have posted their comments on the work they did to my bike,
http://bsd.uk.com/moto-morino-corsaro-1 ... ecu-remap/

Ive been on the blower to 3x re a slight running issue, DaveH has advised me on this too. I think it may be a needle jet blockage as my bike was stood for years by the previous owner, but you never know im not counting my chickens yet.

BTW the sachs shock is working very well, i adjusted it properly. If i wasnt such a short arse it would be staying on my bike.

After the cats gone i will rebook with BSD, then it will be concluded. For this year. I have a lot of things on my winter wish list.
Attachments
Detailsonshock.jpg
Detailsonshock.jpg (173.63 KiB) Viewed 23713 times
nitron track and road shock.jpg
nitron track and road shock.jpg (208.77 KiB) Viewed 23713 times
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Im SOOOO HAPPY,

I put a whole bottle of Wynns Fuel injector and fuel line cleaner in my tank with a full tank of Fuel. Blasted up and down the motorway for 30 minutes. This pain in the arse running issue has (fingers crossed) gone.
The difference is remarkable, Dave H suggested it was fuel related, which got me thinking, Glen at three cross suggested giving it a good run with some full throttle bursts, I did'nt over do it, The fault started to go after 20 minutes. The best thing ive done to my bike cost me £6. The throttle response is better smoother too, The jitter I would get when running on next to no throttle use has gone. Even my neighbor said that it sounded better.

:D
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Update,
Cats gone and my bike has had its ECU re programmed via BSD Racing Peterborough. Its made a little more power 132 rear wheel BHP. What I like is the power delivery has changed nearly all its 85lbft of torque is there from just under the 3k rpm.
BSD changed my plugs fitting my iridium ones and a new fuel filter too.
It took 4hrs to get there in the worst weather ive ever ridden in, high winds and the constant spray from lorries. The Corsaro was faultless round trip of 340 miles with a total of 7 hrs riding.

The ride back was better weather. i stopped for ten minutes, getting back on it again i noticed the most difference. I was grinning all the way home, im lucky to have this bike and fortunate enough to be able to do what ive done to it.
Its well and trully my Corsaro now.
Happy Riding
Rich
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

Well done Rich, looks you have achieved what you set out to do.
Hope you have many a rewarding hour with the bike.
How about a couple of pics of the bike now and esp when new shock fitted.

Take care.
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Thanks Chips, Sorry for my absense for a while.

Right to business,

Suspension, I had set wrong completely, consequently I fell off, 2mph right hand lock hard on and over I went, It landed on me so not even a scratch thank god.
I was quick to turn it off, on my feet in seconds. 200 KG dead lift, first atempt not an inch from the ground. i managed on 2nd attempt.
Some dick was filming me on his phone, I only noticed when I rode away, otherwise I would have shoved it up his arse.

So I booked it into BSD Racing, with in 2 hours, oil change in my forks and rear shock removed and fitted correctly, and full geometry check. So now it handles as before yet is 10mm lower. It works a treat.

As I said before the power is delvered a little more smoother, Ive been side ways in the wet around corners and on a round about too, lost the rear in the wet in a straight line, theres a toll bridge near me, its like the racing turn styles, after leaving them on the rear wheel, I went back to applogise to the attendant, yes Im a bit of a hooligan at times, never once did I feel out of control. Even though the rear tyres not that big it grips well. Its easy to control even when your going out of control. I dont do it often.

Im between houses presently, Its been under a cover, everyone says what is it? they are always interested to know more, Moto who they say!
Its had so much intertest Ive put it in storage.

I cant wait to get a garage again to strip and polish her up, Ive done over 5000 miles in the british weather more rain then sun shine, I thought I was buying an Italian tempermental piece of machinery. Well I was well wrong, It just wants to be ridden and the engine wants more revs, it crys out for it.
Totally honestly full power its too much, massive amounts of torque, I struggle to hang on no bull shxt. I Know what your thinking. You can ride it anyway you like, I like to have car drivers know where I am at all times, no problem with my Termi's.

Be safe ride to the conditions and keep it well with in your abilities.
I will post pics once she's clean. :D
Rich
collieek

Post by collieek »

Hi

Can you tell me how much BSD charged to re map your bike, I have the same bike with temi and the race chip and it runs really rich and stalls at low revs.

Thanks

Paul
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Hey Paul,
Christ its been ages since I have been here. sorry guys.

Right then to business, a Full ECU Remap costs £350 + vat. Thats for a bespoke remap ( ECU Reprogram) for your bike.
Regards
Rich

PS roll on the warmer weather!.
franco82

Post by franco82 »

Hi Tricky,
thank you for the desciption of your upgrades.
Do you have any idea how bad was the Air/Fuel ratio before tuning and after? Did BSD gave you graph of it?
Thanks!
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Hi Franco
Upgrades,
1,Termi's no DB Killers Fitted, It run so badly nearly unrideable
2, ECU Remap, Lambda removed, ON BSD Performance rolling road, Custom Remap of my stock ECU, German REX Software used, fueling, ignition advance etc adjusted. Remember mines not a Veloce.
Transformed the bike.
3,Original down pipe has had its CAT removed, looks the same, CAT section cut out ,CAT removed, section re welded back in.
4, ECU remap again at BSD, Better power delivery, no more power gained, Honestly not worth the expense, I like perfection thats why I removed the CAT.
It sounds a little different and is a little smoother.
5, Rear Sachs shock changed, Nitron Road and track shock 10mm lower fitted, ( Im not tall or that heavy 5'7", 10 Stone 4Lbs, 172cm 68Kgs). bike Geometry set up by BSD, 10mm lower front and rear.
I can now touch the ground easily, handles pretty much as before, excellently.
6,V-Tech shorter lever's in Black. Better feel for me, and my little hands.
7,Oberon Precision Clutch slave cylinder. easier for me to pull in the clutch, smoother operation too.

You can email BSD performance direct and ask them re air flow they are pretty helpful, info@bsd.uk.com
Rich
Last edited by Tricky on 24 May 2013 13:30, edited 1 time in total.
Tricky

Re: Tuning and modding my Bike 06 Corsaro.

Post by Tricky »

Hi All,
I hope everyones managing to get out in between the showers. Great Brithish weather...

Due to bad weather I sent my bike to BSD Performance Peterborough by a motor cycle delivery company rather then ride it this time, Its had a full service, air filter clean, Oil+filter, New Levers and tyres, Shims adjusted too.

Levers are shorter ones by by V-Trec (in black) a German company see Picture. and I went for Michelin Pilot 3 tyres front and rear. I found and fixed a faulty electrical connection under the passanger seat see Picture.
MoriniVTrecBrakeLever.JPG
MoriniVTrecBrakeLever.JPG (218.21 KiB) Viewed 23272 times
MoriniPilot3 Front.JPG
MoriniPilot3 Front.JPG (232.77 KiB) Viewed 23272 times
As I was finding it hard to use the clutch on my left arm/hand, I contacted Oberon Performance, who happen to be 30 minutes drive from me too. I fitted one of threir performance Clutch Slave cylinders see Picture.
OberonClutchSlave.jpg
OberonClutchSlave.jpg (29.38 KiB) Viewed 23272 times
The result is a smoother clutch operation combined with a better feeling lever too. (well worth it).

My Next updates will be
My lolipop mirrors must go, Oberon Performance make several different types, I want bar end ones, before making the choice I may pop to see them before buying them. Oberon, I found them by chance by reading an article about a Ducati phoned them and was astonished to learn that they also have a Yellow Corsaro 1200 too, which is a development bike, used to develop after market bits for.

Wind deflector, I have one in mind just need to get on and buy it.

Luggage carrying as I will go on a tour with the bike soon.
New battery too I am on the verge of buying one of the new Lithium ion ones. (Excuse my spelling)

Have fun.
Tricky
Tricky

Re: Tuning and modding my Bike 06 Corsaro.

Post by Tricky »

Faulty electrical connection under the rear passanger seat, Its now repaired.
FaultyCon.JPG
FaultyCon.JPG (235.29 KiB) Viewed 23272 times