New Corsaro Owner

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
MickeyMoto

New Corsaro Owner

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hi,

I have recently purchased a low mileage Corsaro, never seen rain (until today!).

I was a bit apprehensive to begin with as I have read a lot (of cobblers?) about the bike so have been running myself in. The power delivery is not as abrupt as I had feared and it doesn't involuntarily wheelie. The fuelling is spot on.

Anybody using all the performance on the road should be locked up,

It is absolutely fantastic, once the suspension has been fettled. It reminds me of my Honda Hornet but with better handling and more power. It is secure in the corners and the wind protection offered by the nose fairing is very good, allowing 75mph cruising with little trouble. Just need to check the fuel consumption, but must be over 40mpg.

It is standard, and that is probably the trick... can't see the point in messing if it ain't broke.

Mike.
morini_tom

Re: New Corsaro Owner

Post by morini_tom »

I won't say welcome to Morini as it seems you've got the bug like most of us and your collection is breeding :) but welcome to corsaro ownership.

After 5 years of corsaro ownership my views on the bike still echo yours so I think you'll have a long and enjoyable ownership!
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

My son had a 600 hornet, Mike. Good machine and very reliable, rev happy, non adjustable suspension. A genuine Honda do it all job. Even though there are plenty of them out there he dropped it on right turn junction, don't know why, oil, something, a slow speed get off, the bike slid into the kerb and cracked the engine case resulting a right off within 1 year of ownership from new.

I have been working on my trip to Scotland last to see exactly what my consumption was as I have now fitted a new Lambda.
On one leg I traveled 155 miles from full and when the light came on for low fuel, found a station and filled up with 17 litres exactly. So if the tank holds 18.7 litres I could work out how far I had to go after the light came on.
17 litres is very close to 3.75 gallons, which makes a consumption on that leg of the journey of over 41 mpg. So I should have 11 miles of looking for a station before running dry.
This is a marked difference on the amount fuel I was using when we went to Dijon, before I replaced the Lambda.
So the thing is that if you want a Corsaro or have a Corsaro, the opportunity to own some thing very special is there. I don't remember any of my previous super tools doing anything like this, Honda included. In fact my Pan would only do 31mpg, very similar to the GS1200.
Just my thoughts on the Corsaro again. Great machine.
Corsaro to Corsica anybody? Via the Alps to Italy, ferry to the Island and back?
Hope the Maths is correct! :D
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Welcome,
Great machine are'nt they. Guess you know that already. What colour is it and year etc.
Just to put the record straight Ive updated a couple of my posts on wheelies, and the fueling too. Standard trim they are great.

Chips im in for that Trip.
twisty

Post by twisty »

deleted
wrong post
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Did a 400 mile day on Wednesday, I was getting about 150 miles before fill ups, and averaged 41mpg, 44mpg and 46 mpg. Also averaged 65mph on the return leg, trying to hold the speed down, which was difficult.

I wholeheartedly recommend this motorcycle. Just wish I had bought one earlier.

Wonder why I believe some of the horse poo that is written on the internet sometimes, maybe the guy at the agm was right about the one handed typists?
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Mike;

I kept a log of fuel consumption on my Corsaro and reckon that I averaged about 37>5 mpg ove the 3 years plus that I had it. On one occassion when first having the bike I measured 42.74 mpg (it'd done less than 1,500 miles then). Tom has a similar log of his bike; to get 150 miles from a tank is pretty good; I got about 110 / 115 miles before the yellow light came on and then had 15 / 20 miles before running dry. I recall that the tank had a lower capacity than in the manual; when I ran dry I could only squeeze 17.5 litres in, having done 127 miles... mind you, this was back in 2007 when I was having some problem with the ECU.

Enjoy - they're great machines!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hi Chris,

Just spent a nice weekend in Northumberland. What has impressed me is the handling, someone has done their homework. It is indeed a worthy successor to the 31/2...

As for the economy, I was expecting mid to high 30s but have been surprised. I ran a tank on the A1 from Newark to Washington services (via home) and filled up with 14.3 litres - 144 miles - this cruising at an indicated 75-80 (my normal speed as too fast and the economy suffers and the men in pointy hats take an interest) and the fuel light had not come on. Maybe my bike is the exception or maybe the right wrist needs a bit of a workout - (on the throttle not whilst typing on the forum......). I am reluctant to take it in for a service in case someone decides that it needs an upgrade.
adamsson

Post by adamsson »

bloody hell I must doing some wrong even running in I have never got above 30 mpg and normally average mid to low twenties :shock:
MonstroMorini

Post by MonstroMorini »

Try the 2010 e3 map, i went from 185 to 240 km before my reserve light comes on. And no more involuntary wheely's too, because the power is more docile. With the latest maps the exhaust ends remain blank, with older mappings they are black.... easy check :D
You can always change to the race map for track days.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

MonstroMorini wrote:Try the 2010 e3 map, i went from 185 to 240 km before my reserve light comes on. And no more involuntary wheely's too, because the power is more docile. With the latest maps the exhaust ends remain blank, with older mappings they are black.... easy check :D
You can always change to the race map for track days.
Hi Monstro,

How can we check the ECU, do we need a laptop? As my bike does not wheelie, is not abrupt and does 240km before the fuel light I'll assume I have the e3 map.

Still enjoying the bike.... :D

Mike.