Oil and filters

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
Chips1953

Re: Oil and filters

Post by Chips1953 »

Twisty.
I went through all you had tried to do with the filters from the US, but did you get one made or was there not enough interest? the price if I am correct would have been about 85 bucks.
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
twisty

Post by twisty »

I never needed to buy one as i had just bought about a dozen filters for peanuts off the net. i think someone knew the company was folding.

I only sent one off as a sample as i had plenty for spare as i thought it might help other folk.
The company were very helpful, although i did feel guilty about not buying one , it proved the point that you can always look elsewhere.
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Hi Twisty,
Yes I read every page. Great work too.
Im kind of hoping that a few forum members may want a couple of filters otherwise I will have a few to many, which does'nt bother me too much, perhaps I can use them as paper weights.
It was the work that you carried out that swung it for me to buy my bike. You proved that so many parts are used across the italian manufacturers that if the Morini brand disappeard up their own arxx again I could with the very odd exception keep my bike going certainly any serviceable item could be sourced.

My filters are coming from Speedmania they do not have an english site I used translation utilities to find them, there was no way I was going to pay £27+vat for a filter £32!!! which I was quoted here. Idid not know that NLM had stock at the time theres are £21+vat plan, no boxes = £25.20

Have you seen the Morini site is selling chrome engine casings now!
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

Mike, thanks I have one as well :)
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

nicko wrote:Isn't the difference due to bikes having a wet clutch and a (lot) higher reving engine thus the oil is under much more load?
JASO MA is the standard for wet clutches apparently.
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

in the words of Homer Simpson "Doooh".
Earrings anyone a new line in automotive jewellery made from "Filtro olio UFI" :lol:

Ah well I will have a few years worth He coughs under his breath "10 years worth" Thankfully ive not got too many bottles of oil. :lol:

Thanks for the wet clutch info Rock Oil has that spec covered. A bit of info Rockoil is a Uk company.
MonstroMorini

Post by MonstroMorini »

I always order here http://oeltheke24.tradoria.de/p/1100377 ... roel-10w60 - or here (they ship everywhere throughout europe i believe) and they frequently have a "six pack"on offer, reducing shipping cost) http://best-oil-store.tradoria.de/p/557 ... gio-gruppe
Shop is the same, just different offers :x
buell1203

Post by buell1203 »

From memory my old buell needed 10/50 or60.

Believe it or not but Harley oil is good stuff and not expensive. Formulated for stressed v twins etc. worth a look if you have a dealer nearby.
toggy

Post by toggy »

Hi all I'm toggyuel from the GP board
Does anyone know if the corsaro oil filter is the same as the granpasso ? . I don't see why they shouldn't be the same ? .
I have seen a k&n KN-152 oil filter on this site when doing a web search

http://www.carpimoto.com/EN/Bike_Morini ... KN-152.htm

The same filter on eBay is a reasonable £7.38 free p&p

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/K-N-Filters-P ... 565283540f
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

The K & n filter is not correct for the bikes, I got one and it's not the same as the original.
The Corsaro filter fits the GP, this is listed in the forum, under the Parts Interchangeability thread.
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
buell1203

Post by buell1203 »

Try Harley Davidson oil. Cheaper and good spec. Morris oils also do a suitable grade.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Use the correct specification oil - 10W60, JASO-MA, SAE- SJ->SL?

Anything else and probably either have a slipping clutch or an expensive rebuild.

Is it worth mucking around for a few quid each year? My local Suzuki dealer can get the correct Motul for less than £50 for 4 litres. The oil is good for 6,000 miles. Why bother risking the engine?