Adding Termis on my new Corsaro Veloce MY2012

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
franco82

Adding Termis on my new Corsaro Veloce MY2012

Post by franco82 »

Hi guys,
I was enough lucky to get brand new corsaro week ago directly from factory. It is superb bike, I have done my 1000km and waiting for the first check. Then the full potential will be unlocked and grin on my face will go round my head i suppose :twisted: .

But as MY2012 Corsaro Veloce is equivalent of previous standard corsaro (no termignoni, no double ecu, no ohlins, but all minor improvements that the bike needed), I am considering update of exhaust system with Termignoni slip-ons.
As I assumed and was later told, the homologated Termis with db killers mounted does not need race ecu or map alteration. But I would like to terrorize neighbours, pedestrians and other drivers with the rich soundtrack of the excellent Lambertinis engine. And there is catch, that race ecu is needed. I am waiting to reply from factrory about changing ecu and princing of termi cans. In the meantime, I would like to search for experience of other owners, who added open pipes to their Corsaro. I am not so interested in power improvement as in standard it is beast on its own. I am especially interested in these things:

1, Sound of homologated Termis with db killers mounted. Is it considerably better than stock? Is it worth to buy termis to use them homologated?
2, Fuel consumption with open Termis compared to standard.
3, Does anyone have a dyno run chart of corsaro before and after adding race ecu and open exhaust?
4, Can the ecu be reprogrammed easily? (Race map for circuit and original for long travels)
5, Can you post me picture of how the second race ecu is maounted in corsaro veloce and describe how you switch the modes? Do you just reconnect cables?

Thank you very much for any tips and answers.
Tricky

Re: Adding Termis on my new Corsaro Veloce MY2012

Post by Tricky »

Well Franco youve come to the right place.

Ive done all the things you have aksed about.

firstly Congratulations, Ive spent easily as much as you have on my 06 bike, would not change it for anything.

Fit the open cans, you get/need too;
1 massive weight saving
2 Yes remap your ECU see my posts and get your self to BSD Racing peterborough. My oppion is that you stay with one ECU, If you keep the baffles out.
3. Look at my posts I have the graphs you need. No graph with standard cans though.
Its a big vtwin and needs to be fuelled right the stock ECU will not be able to make it run right with Open cans.
4 Grin factor from the sound.

I have watched every You Tube video read everything I can, research says that the stock cans are more efficient, once your remapped though it will be fine.

Fuel economy its totally depends on your riding style. I have had upper 40's keeping revs around 3k, nice easy laid back riding, open it up and you will be looking at mid 30's and lower.

Your Sach's shock does and will work fine, the bike is ready for a 75KG rider.
Rich
excuse my typo's
MonstroMorini

Post by MonstroMorini »

Or have a look at ducatidiag (http://ducatidiag.xooit.com/f8-Internat ... ection.htm

All you need is a cable and you can load any map you like.....
I use the e3 2010 map and am happy, latest race map is also OK, but your termi's will get black :oops:
For me, except in sound, no real difference in ride between db-eater in or out
franco82

Post by franco82 »

Hi guys, thank you both for replys...

Yes, all I want is better sound and fine running engine. I do not want to stress the motor with bad running conditions just for better sound. I found somewhere, that standard cans are the most efficient option (maybe I read it in your thread Tricky :) ) and I am really happy with the engine performace in all revs.
I am considering this way: Buing open Termis and if possibly used ECU. Then I will flash race map to used ECU using ducatidiag SW. Before any changes, I will do dynu run. Next dyno run will be done after change. And if needed, I will do some fine tunning on brake. In this way, I will have standard ECU and Baffles for fast change for abroad trips.
Maybe I will exclude the used ECU and will flash the standard one.
Too bad you do not have any dyno results before modifications Tricky... I would like to see the difference

MonstroMorini, where can I get different maps? I suppose I have E3 on my bike, I will take a look if this is written on ECU sticker.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

The replacement Termis sound awsome. I know, I have them on my 07 Veloce and had an 06 standard Corsaro earlier.

There is no going back for me :mrgreen:

Enjoy the ride!

CC

PS - where are you based?
"I'll use the Morini"
franco82

Post by franco82 »

corsaro chris wrote: PS - where are you based?
Repubblica Ceca - Czech Republic or as we say, Ceska Republika
I think there is about dozen of running Corsaros here, very rare to see them. Hope it will get better and factory will be successfull in year 2013 8)
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

franco82

Post by franco82 »

Mckeymoto: thank you for the link, i will be watching it. But I do not want damaged ones.
franco82

Post by franco82 »

Hi guys,
just an update about situation. I managed to get Termignoni exhausts from Italy and fitted them week ago. It is rainy here since there, so I managed to do only a short run for about 30mins with baffles in and 30 mins with baffles out. I am quite ambivalent now as sound with baffles in is nearly the same as original slip-ons and when I took out the baffles, it seem needlesly loud for me. The deep pulsation is exciting, but I find it too annoing for town riding even in low RPM. Outside the town, with baffles inserted I can hear the engine to about 120km/h, then it is overlaped by aerodynamic noise of helmet. Without baffles I can hear the twin till about 170km/h. After half hour of riding, I was half deaf. I would like to preserve my hearing and combination of open exhaust and ear plugs seem stupid to me.

Despite the sound, the change to performance was only minor. Without the baffles it seems weaker just above the limiter and I saw it during very slow and fluent starts. The middle around 4-5t rpm seems little stronger, but it can be only placebo effect. No shooting and other negative signs. The engine seems ok both ways.

I will do some more test rides and I will also modify my helmet vents, as they seem to be to noisy (AGV stealth SV). If the hearing impact remains, I will stick with baffles inserted. In the worst case, I will sold the termis and stick back to standard pipes as they works perfect and I like their looks too... :mrgreen:
franco82

Post by franco82 »

Just one more link to my youtube channel, where I uploaded videos with sound of all three options, enjoy! :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/user/nevimkoni

PS: The microphone did not take all of 102dB correctly :mrgreen:
franco82

Post by franco82 »

Hi guys,
just one more update :lol:
I must edit my previous post, because the feel is really different with baffles in or out. Without the baffles the engine is really dead til 4t RPM and the change from closed to open throttle is very erratic. I did a measurement of engine elasticity and the result is very clear. I have a really long, flat, traffic-free road with perfect surface near my home. I was running 60kph and gave it full gas at ceratain point. I then marked the point, where the bike was running 140kph with baffles out.
Then I ran the same test with baffles in and on the same distance, the bike managed to make it past 160kph. So the "baffle out" would need change of fuel map for sure. I am quite happy with sound of muted Termignoni though...
romeo-corsaro

Post by romeo-corsaro »

HELLO EVERYONE I HAVE JUST BROUGHT A 07 CORSARO VELOCE AND I LOVE IT! I TOOK THE DB KILLERS OUT AND THE SOUND DIFERANCE WAS AMAZING AND SEEMED TO HAVE A LITTLE BIT MORE GRUNT, I TOLD THE EX OWNER THAT I HAD TAKEN THEM OUT AND HE SAID IT WAS NOT DESIGNED TO RUN WITH THE DB KILLERS OUT, AND THE ONLY WAY WAS TO GET THE RACE MAP FOR THE ECU AND IT COULD CAUSE DAMAGE :/ BUT AS I SAID TO HIM I THINK IT RUNS BETTER WITH THEM OUT AND DOESNT COUGH OR SPLUTTER OR BACKFIRE OR ANYTHING SO I ASSUMED IT WOULD BE FINE AND IT SEEMS TO BREATH ABIT BETTER ASWELL.. I HAVE READ THE OTHER POSTS ON HERE AND NOW I AM ABIT WORRIED AND IT MIGHT BE A GOOD IDEA TO PUT THE DB KILLERS BACK, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
franco82

Post by franco82 »

Hi Romeo,
it all depends on what map do you have in your corsaro. If you really have a Veloce edition, then you will have 2 ECU on your bike for sure. One is standard (used for baffles inserted) and the second is race ECU.
Race ECU is not working good with DB killers inserted and Standard ECU is not working good when DB killers removed. If you want open exhaust, you need just to switch to Race ECU, do TPS reset and you are fine.
It is important, that you have recent maps in your ECUs too. You can check it with ducatidiag SW for free and you cand flash new maps for fee (100 Eur per ECU). The old (first) maps had a big problems with fueling, especially the race one. It was reported that it took 12l/100km (20MPG) :D . You can find more on mapping here on forum and on ducatidiag site...
romeo-corsaro

Post by romeo-corsaro »

thanks again franco for your input, I will look into this and see what I can find out, thanks a lot. Ryan.
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Hi Ryan I agree with franco,
Nice Video's Franco too.
:D