Brakes, Suspension and Pipes on the Veloce

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
Musclemoto

Brakes, Suspension and Pipes on the Veloce

Post by Musclemoto »

I have a Scrabmler and been really thinking about the Veloce. Have a few questions.

1. Has anyone tried upgrading the calipers on the Corsaro to more modern ones, is there a clamp/adapter available so we can upgrade the same?

2. Wasnt the previous Veloce sold with a Ohlins rear shock and the Termis as standard. the current one is sold without these or am i wrong?
franco82

Re: Brakes, Suspension and Pipes on the Veloce

Post by franco82 »

Hi,
go for it! :D

1, You can possibly update calipers to Brembo Monobloc with no issues. I personally think, that it does not need it. One can lift back wheel using only one finger, that is for brake efficiency...
2, You are right. Model year 2012 Corsaro is more equivalent to MY 2008 Corsaro without "Veloce" appendix. The new corsaro veloce comes with standard pipes, no Ohlins and no preload setting on forks. But it comes with many minor upgrades to 2008 Corsaro model (radial pump for brake and clutch, current regulator moved from under seat appartment, expansion for coolant). And the engine is the same 140hp torquey monster. Only thing I am now missing is the lack of open Termis, but it can be corrected for about 1000Euro...
Musclemoto

Post by Musclemoto »

Thanks franco82! I would love to add the Termis and keep them as they are. I have seen your other post and if you dont need to change ECU for stock Termis then i guess its fair game. I would keep them that way and not remove the DB killers. Does the factory supply the Termis for 1000Eur or do we need to buy them from a dealer. Please share the info on where to buy them.

Whats your take on the Ohlins rear shock, would it be worth it to replace one? the factory website sells ohlins shock for the GRanpaso/Scrambler only.

As for the brembo calipers, im not sure if we can bolt them straight, i guess will have to check with factory or i will call 3x they sold me a Scrambler last year.
franco82

Post by franco82 »

With Termis with baffles you dont need the race ECU as the lambda in closed loop will determine the right mixture. But when you take the baffles out, the engine probably will run in not so perfect mode (but maybe it wont and it will be perfectly fine...). If you open the termis AND add sport air filter, it will be lean for sure and without race ECU it will run like shit. I want only to improve the sound as I was used to deep sound of large single with akrapovic and even the sound of corsaro is great, it is missing the badass depth :D . So I am waiting for pricing info from factory and meanwhile I am gathering info. One way could be to buy new or used ECU, buy license for ducatidiag software to flash race map and fine tune the bike on dyno. This can be cheaper than original race ecu from factory and I can get even better results. I will keep my thread updated about this.

I asked the factory for pricing on ECU and termis, but they dont have them at this time. They should have them only as a spare parts and are preparing to sell them as an option/accessory. But you can find termis on internet shops or ebay for prices near 1k Euro. One link as example: http://www.redracingparts.com/english/m ... 002006.php

I really dont know what is the difference in suspension quality and how ohlins could improve it. As it is same as with termis, you can possibly get it from factory as a spare part for 2008 Veloce, or 3x could get you directly from ohlins as it can possibly be standard sized component.

And it is the same story with brembo. 3x can tell you if monobloc calipers fits your system and then order them anywhere you want (brembo directly, ebay, ducati dealer or try factory...)