Any advice to help a newbie???

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
haggiswolves

Any advice to help a newbie???

Post by haggiswolves »

Hi all, I'm new here and considering a Corsaro 1200 and would appreciate any help and advice you can give me.
I currently own a Buell XB12s Lightening, but I need a bike that will carry a pillion in more comfort.
Weather permiting I'm having a test ride on QB motorcycles demonstrator, I know nothing at all about the new Morini's so I have plenty of questions.
Do they have any reliability issues?
What is the avaliability of spare parts like?
What are the service intervals and do they cost an arm and a leg? (like the Buell)
Are accessories, ie replacement exhausts, carbon goodies easy to get hold of.
If I buy one is it going to be worth next to nothing in 2 years time as they are a pretty rare sight on the roads.
I'm looking forward to riding the Cosaro, but a little nervous about going for a bike that not many people have heard of, let alone seen.
Hope you can help me.
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

Turn up to the AGM this weekend (see elsewhere on the site) and I hope you will be able to talk to some other owners who may be able to guide your decision, we had three last year at our AGM and Cadwell weekend.

David
haggiswolves

Post by haggiswolves »

A good idea, but I wont be able to make it :cry:
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Haggiswolves;
the new Corsaro is great to ride, although I can't compare it to a Buell as I've never ridden one of those... :)
Dealers should be able to get hold of all the spares and extras mentioned on the Morini web site - I have a tank cover and bag from mine (North Leicester).
Best advice on buying a bike I ever had was only get it if you like it - worry about the "investment" issues when you're narrowing down the choice.
HOWEVER - if its pillion comfort you want you might be better off considering other bikes. I took my son to the Manx GP on the Isle of Man last year - the bike coped but he did find it a bit cramped... (Mind, he is 14 stone and almost six feet tall! :wink: )
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

You ask about service and running costs;
Services are pretty cheap at just over a £100 a shot at 1,000, 3,000 and 6,000miles and then every 6,000 miles. The 6,000 mile service is more expensive (but I haven't had that one yet).
My tyres are still original at 5,000 but I will need a new rear one soon...
Fuel is likely to be your biggest cost as the bike is thirsty (although that might be the way its ridden)
Morinis have been around a long time - the design is from Lambertini who did the original 350 - and the factory has a good approach to service issues.
New bikes are pretty sorted - the initial batch need upgrades to bring them up to spec., but that should already have been done.

Enjoy! :D