Cush Drive

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
MickeyMoto

Cush Drive

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hi,

My Corsaro cush drive looks shot (lots of play) and I see a 1200 Bandit is meant to fit. I'm taking my wheels out to have new tyres fitted so I'll take the rubbers down to my friendly Suzuki dealer and have a measure up.
Chips1953

Re: Cush Drive

Post by Chips1953 »

Yes Mr Micky they do, its maybe cheaper on Ebay?
It's all they riding in the snow that does it. Have you collected to Camel look a like?
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

The Suzuki dealer doesn't stock the Bandit rubbers as he says they never wear out.... must be the v-twin

The, er, trail look alike turned up this afternoon. I am in 2 minds about it....
adamsson

Post by adamsson »

An old ZZR 1100 trick was to shim the rubbers with bits of old plastic drinks bottle apparently it can take up the slack and the rubbers don't compress any further.

Worth a try as it costs nothing and can't do any damage
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

I paid 20 quid for a set off ebay, then had to cut them down to size. There was too much rubber on them. There is no play in the sprocket now.

In the dim and distant past I have shimmed the cush drives using metal sheet cut to size, but the rubbers looked hard and thought that newer, more flexible ones would be the way to go. Wonder how long they'll last?