Tyres

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
MickeyMoto

Tyres

Post by MickeyMoto »

I git some Pirelli Diablo Starads for £141 for the pair. Apparently they are discontinued. Had them fitted today for another £28 including balancing. Don't think £170 is too shabby....

I was wondering if these were the same tyres as fitted as standard as there are Diablo Rossos, Dialblo Rosso IIs etc but my originals were just Diablo and have the same tread as the Stradas.

I really like the Pirellis so hoping for same again.....
jvhy

Re: Tyres

Post by jvhy »

Hi!

Strada is more touring tyre than plain Diablo. Tread is quite similar, but there should be some differencies though...Also the profile of Diablo is a bit "sharper" than Strada's. If I remember right the depth of thread is also a bit greater in Strada's (will last longer).

There is also some different between the rubber mix of Strada and Diablo. Diablo is softer.

I have used Strada's, (plain) Diablo's, Diablo Corsa III's in my Corsaro. From which the Corsa is closest to track tyre. It'll anyway survive some touring and is superb on track! For the everyday use it might be a bit too agressive (some may think). Makes the Corsaro quite nervous.

I don't have any experiense of Diablo Rosso.

Anyway, Diablo is quite remarkable tyre that I have been using years in my bikes (Hayabusa, VTR, Corsaro). Lasts well in everyday use, can give it quite a handful at the track, and so on...I don't know how much Pirelli have changed it during the years, but it's still rocks (IMHO)...

-Janne
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Thanks Janne,

All I need now is some dry roads with no snow or salt and I'll give them a try. I am not a hard rider so the Stradas should be a good tyre for me.

I wonder why Pirelli make so many tyres with the same name? I think actually they are Metzelers as they are made in Germany.

Mike.
jvhy

Post by jvhy »

Metzeler = Pirelli = Metzeler

If I remember right Metzeler Z6 is quite the same than Diablo Strada...

You can also find other pairs if you compare the models of Mez and Pir.

About the same basic name of different Diablo tyres. Compare them to VW Golf: Hatchback (Diablo), GTI (Corsa), Variant (Strada) :-D

-Janne