Broken LCD-screen...

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
jvhy

Broken LCD-screen...

Post by jvhy »

Hi!

My Corsaro have had one or two lines of LCD screen off for some time. I believe it's because the screen's mounting was broken. So the screen was able to vibrate.

Now there is even more lines off, so something had to be done. I opened up the speedo and found out that there is a crack from where the cable goes into screen. So nothing to be done with that.

I think I have now three choices. Either replace the original LCD-screen, or whole speedo with original or I have to by some universal speedo.

Questions:
1) Does anyone knows is it possible to find suitable LCD screen to replace the original?
2) Has anyone seen anywhere Corsaro's speedo for sale? (couldn't find any from Ebay)
3) Has anyone replaced their speedo? If so, with what?

-Janne
jvhy

Re: Broken LCD-screen...

Post by jvhy »

Some update according the LCD...Just sent the whole dash to M.A.E Elettronica factory today. Repair cost should be around 80€ (exl.VAT) + shipping. Not that bad anyway...

I wasn't able to find a new compatible LCD myself. Although the LCD controller manufacturer (microchip) and type of controller was cleared.

Also sent some email to Morini factory and asked for replacement LCD. They could offer only the whole new dash with price over 600€ (incl VAT & shipping). With that kind of money there are other (CAN compatible) options available too.

So, all in all...Hope to get the dash back in two weeks or so!

-Janne
twisty

Post by twisty »

can you post the contact details for the repairs ,so that anyone else in a similar position can contact the factory for speedo repairs.
jvhy

Post by jvhy »

Of course I can.

The person I emailed was mrs Ilenia Locatelli ( i.locatelli@maeelettronica.it ). Contact details could be also found from M.A.E Elettronica's homepage.

I just emailed explanation and photo of the problem I have and she answered me at next day. She gave me the address and info where to post the dash and also gave some best guess of the repair price. After that I airmailed the dash to Italy. As soon as the dash was at factory they sent me email that that have received it. Posted the dash at Friday and they received it at Wednesday.

At next week they'll inform me about the situation (this weeks Thursday and Friday were national free days in Italy) and maybe are able to send the dash back to me. It debends if there's anything else broken but the LCD panel...

I'll update this as soon as I have more to tell!

-Janne
jvhy

Post by jvhy »

Got email today from MAE that dash has been fixed. Total price with vat, DHL-delivery ans repair parts / work 145,20€. Paid the bill and as soon as the money can be seen they'll send the dash to me.

Expecting the dash to be here in Finland around Tuesday next week.

At this point it's a job well done from MAE Elettronica.

-Janne
jvhy

Post by jvhy »

Just a little update according the dash repair...

I received dash today (with DHL) and mounted it to bike. Everything works again and M.A.E even change the whole case of dash! Without any extra cost...

So, I'm very pleased with their service! Decent price and very fast service!

-Janne

P.S. Now the spring has come to Finland also, today it was around 18C!!!