New Morini owner, but in trouble...

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
Holle64

New Morini owner, but in trouble...

Post by Holle64 »

My -06 Corsaro don't keep water inside! Last week motorwarm go up to 110cels(normal ca.80cels) in ride and oli light flash couple time. I stop and water was least and motor was HOT! I put water in cooler, oil level was ok and I try start. Starter run poor and motor don't wake up. I carrier Moto in home with my van...
Early water hose pull away in the clamp and hot water shoot my leg!
Next day I try start again and motor wake up, but stop after ca.10sec with poor run. Exhaust come little white steam (not oil smoke)...? I try immediately new time, but starter run poor and motor dont run. After ca.10min I try again and starter run well but motor start/run poor and stop again after ca.10.
What is trouble??? Sylinder head gasket? I think, if sylinder tube is broken, water goes oil and. But oil is ok and dark, not white. Is it typical fail in Morini?
Second trouble is gasket and parts, what I need. Because I live in Finland/Oulu(sorry my poor english!) and here are not Moto Morini service! Denmark is nearest...
Thanks every help!!!

-Petteri-
jvhy

Re: New Morini owner, but in trouble...

Post by jvhy »

Hi!

Sorry guys...once again few words in Finnish.

Tsekkaas toi viestiketju: Replacing clutch for 2007 Veloce. Siinä on vähän vinkkiä mistä vois kysellä apuja. Luultavasti osia saat MSA Centerin kautta tai sitten suoraan Morinin tehtaalta Italiasta. Jos tarvetta niin mulla on bittimuodossa Corsaron korjaamokäsikirja. Heitä vaikka meiliä tai privaviestiä täältä kautta, niin pistän ton jakoon. Korjaamokäsikirjan avulla "kuka tahansa" mp-mekatsu kyllä pystyy tekeen konerempan Corsaroonkin!

Sitten ite vikaan, valkonen savu ainakin mun kokemuksella viittais kansipahviin...Ei pitäs olla mikään tyyppivika. Tosin periaatteessa kaikkiin alkupään Morineihin vaihdettu uudet kannet tehtaan takaisinkutsusta. oisko voinu jäädä vaihdossa (jos tehty sun mopoon) momentit löyhälle? Niin ja kaikki kannenvaihdot lienee tehnyt MSA Center.

...in English my comments about the failure. For me the white smoke tells about headgasget blow up. One thing that occurred into my mind is the change of heads. Wasn't that "all the first" Corsaro's had the heads changed by factory recall? Maybe the torque of headbolts hasn't been right -> hence the headgasget failure.

-Janne

janne.v.hyvonen(miukumauku)gmail.com
twisty

Post by twisty »

If the coolant hose slipped off (you need a rivet or something similar to stop the hose from slipping on the alloy spigot)
then you've probably got an airlock .

The coolant hose on the right will heat up but the water may not be circulating unless you have bled the air at the thermostat between the two cylinders (accessed from the clutch side of the bike to bleed)

So you may have been riding with no coolant going to the engine as a complete circuit which will give you steam out the exhaust and if you are unlucky the engine will try to "nip" up:cry:

If you haven't bled the thermostat ,then that may be your problem. If i remember right it is a small allen head on the thermo housing.
Holle64

Post by Holle64 »

Okey... front sylinder sparkplug was clean and that mean broken sylinder head gasket. It's not only trouble, because bearing metal was in oil... :shock: :cry:
I think buy new engine if I find and renovate old engine... sometimes.
Does anyone know the engine for me?
twisty

Post by twisty »

sorry to hear that :( .

Was the damage due to the coolant pipe slipping off and not bleeding the thermostat ?
jvhy

Post by jvhy »

Hi!

Check out avk.fi! There's one (that was stolen) Corsaro for sale.

Kato avk:n sivuilta, siellä on yks varastettuna ollut Corsaro myytävänä. Tällä hetkellä hinta 3200€.

-Janne
Holle64

Post by Holle64 »

Kiitos vinkistä! Apu on joskus liian lähellä...