Corsaro veloce 'R'

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
romeo-corsaro

Corsaro veloce 'R'

Post by romeo-corsaro »

Hello everyone I was reading a old magazine last week about when the corsaro was first released and put up against the aprilia tuono and the benelli tnt, they said the corsaro was a excellent bike but they felt that a 'R' version would be even better! but obviously we now all know morini never produced one, so basicly I have decided to make mine into one :D I will slowly do this over the next year and what I am thinking of is to get as much carbon fibre as possible which I am doing at the moment (from carbon sk) with all the carbon fibre obviously it will look quite dark so then I would want to have the black frame painted red, then the biggest part which is the front end (forks and brakes) im not realy that knowledgeable about the sizes and how different forks would fit so I need abit of help and advice, I want ohlins because the real 'R' would have had them I think, so I was thinking a whole front end of a aprilia rsv or tuono factory? if I did do this im thinking it would just go straight on but like I say im not sure yet, its still very early days so I will do some research but any advice or tips would be much appreciated, also one of my headlights have got a crack on it but I cant find a new set anywhere! any ideas? cheers :)
franco82

Re: Corsaro veloce 'R'

Post by franco82 »

Hi Romeo,
I am looking forward to see the modification process. I would be very interested in detailed photos of CF product from Slovakia. Please make some quality and detailed photo of CF parts and comparison of look original/CF. I am occasionally browsing carbon.sk and holding myself not to buy anything....

The fork could be improved by cartridge change only for little money and great change in performance, but if you want Ohlins sticker, you must go the expensive way :D .
Other thing is that with fork change you will get different calliper mounts and you can fit Brembo Monobloc beasts. And if morini would ever produced Corsaro Veloce R, it would definitely have monobloc brakes! :wink:
romeo-corsaro

Post by romeo-corsaro »

hi franco yes I would love to show photos, can I post photos on here? if not then I am on facebook (ryan romeo barratt) what do you mean cf parts? so far from carbon sk I have carbon ignition cover.. chain guard.. and rear hugger, I have heel plates and side panels on the way now aswell but im not stopping there. well I know there are cheaper ways but I do want nice gold ohlins forks and yes 100% brembo mono-blocks I want! that's why im thinking a complete front end of a rsv or tuono factory.
romeo-corsaro

Post by romeo-corsaro »

sorry franco cf parts carbon fibre parts lol sorry stupid me :lol:
twisty

Post by twisty »

the fork upgrade kit is about £400 on ebay.co.uk with all adjustments at the top of the fork and none at the fork legs , which seems to be a better way as a lot of the manufacturers seem to be doing this.

on ebay.it you can get new radial calipers to suit a benelli tnt/trek which use the same calipers as the morini. These come with a cnc adapter plate to suit the existing fork bottoms , so no new fork bottoms are required. These come with new radial calipers. Price £500 upwards.

If you want the hassle of adapting the wheel spindle and making up different spacers some of the mv forks are a straight swap with stanchions at 50mm,with top and bottom yoke sizes the same. If you have access to a lathe to make or adapt a wheel spindle then that's an option.
franco82

Post by franco82 »

Twisty: You are right, the adapter for calipers is available. Unfortunately it is ugly as f**k. On the other side, it will be working well...
romeo-corsaro

Post by romeo-corsaro »

thanks a lot twisty that's a big help! I am going to have a look on ebay now and see what I can find, so the fork bottoms that suit the mono-block calipers come off a benelli tnt? this way seems a lot cheaper and I will still get the look I want, thanks for the picture franco :) I think they look good so happy days :D
romeo-corsaro

Post by romeo-corsaro »

twisty I am struggling to find these items on ebay? could you post the item numbers or a link direct to the items please, many thanks.
romeo-corsaro

Post by romeo-corsaro »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Calipers-Brem ... 2c68b4ecec
are these the ones you mean twisty? I cannot find anymore.
twisty

Post by twisty »

http://www.ebay.it/itm/Kit-adattatori-a ... 519c1a8b58
these ones
aaaa.jpg
aaaa.jpg (16.1 KiB) Viewed 21357 times
romeo-corsaro

Post by romeo-corsaro »

ahhh they look so good and in gold aswell! but that is a foreign ebay I am in England not sure if I can buy them or not?
romeo-corsaro

Post by romeo-corsaro »

I have copy & pasted the item number and found it on the English ebay, so I need to be 100% positive about these so will these fit straight away or do I need the adaptor plate? thanks twisty realy appreciate it :) Ryan.
twisty

Post by twisty »

The link i gave includes the adapter plate

There is also a steering damper mounting available

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOTO-MORINI-9 ... 4171c35931
Attachments
$T2eC16d,!ysE9sy0jLFoBRY7w34RvQ~~60_35.jpg
$T2eC16d,!ysE9sy0jLFoBRY7w34RvQ~~60_35.jpg (19 KiB) Viewed 21347 times
romeo-corsaro

Post by romeo-corsaro »

oh right cool thanks twisty and wow hehe so many goodies :D haha thanks a lot again, also to any other corsaro owners I noticed my Gear change lever pedal linkage rod is a little loose? are they all like this? my mv and mondial isn't? thanks.
romeo-corsaro

Post by romeo-corsaro »

Twisty do you know if the standard brembo calipers fitted to the corsaro veloce are brembo serie oro? thanks