Corsaro Std vs veloce

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
AKA Marco

Corsaro Std vs veloce

Post by AKA Marco »

Hi guys,
A quick question for the expert, what the Veloce has more than the std?
This is what I came out with my homework;

Ohlins rear
Black fork with different internals
Marchesini
Termignoni
Race ECU
Machined footrest
Radial brake m/c
Radial Clutch m/c
And Slipper clutch?Have I got them right or missed anything?

Thanks in advance

Marco
romeo-corsaro

Re: Corsaro Std vs veloce

Post by romeo-corsaro »

hi marco the early model veloce does not have a Ohlins rear shock (mine is a 2006 and it does not have ohlins its a sachs unit I think) and yes black forks with different internals.. the marchesini wheels I am not sure about to be honest you might be right I will have a look at mine and let you know.. and yes termignoni exhausts as standard but the very late ones (from what I have heard 2012 onwards) does not have termignonis!? the ecu is tweaked abit I think but isn't the race setting.. the footrests are machined abit different I think.. slipper clutch aswell yes :) that is it realy I think you have said it all.
AKA Marco

Post by AKA Marco »

hi Romeo,
thank you for taking time to answer me :D
yes you are right, the newer model you can now buy from the factory don't have the ohlins and the termignonies.
as far as the color scheme is concerned, is there any patterns for the veloce, did they come in a particular colour combo or they are the same as the STD?
thanks again
Marco
romeo-corsaro

Post by romeo-corsaro »

No worries mate, and yea I find that strange but maybe there cutting back on costs or something perhaps? the only tell tale signs are the black forks and the termi's realy and obviously veloce written on the exhaust guards lol.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Standard Corsaro had a two colour scheme - silver / red or silver / black, with a few in yellow / black. Frames were either red or black, engine was silver. Wheels were quoted as by Brembo, as were the brakes.

The Veloce was white with black frame, black with black frame or red with black frame (it says in my brochure). At this point the standard Corsaro was also offered in white / black, although I've not seen one of these in the UK. The first Veloce (2007) had the same brake set up as the original standard Corsaro, but both moved to radial cylinder and the Veloce to Ohlins for the 2009 my, probably introduced from September 2008; the cheaper Avio kept the original master cylinder set up.

Both had power outputs quoted as 103 Kw, or 140 cv at 8500 rpm. The later bikes have better fuel economy (if 140 miles on 17 litres is economical...) and a smoother pick-up from idle.

The newest Veloce I've seen was in Shaftsbury earlier this week (brand new to a lucky man in Salisbury) and was as near as damn it all black; these days you can have whatever colour scheme you are prepared to pay for; but you don't get the straight Termis, which in my opinion are drop-dead gorgeous!

Hope this helps,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
romeo-corsaro

Post by romeo-corsaro »

hello chris quick question, if you look at my question on the forum (corsaro veloce R) the latest topic are the mono-bloc brembo's member twisty posted a link on ebay for the bigger brakes and adaptor plate and I am seriously thinking of buying the kit but my corsaro veloce is a 2006 (well 56 plate) so as you say it doesn't not have a radial cylinder so if I was to buy the kit would I also need a radial cylinder?? thanks.
twisty

Post by twisty »

i wouldn't imagine so, unless you want the different setup on the handlebar end to match the veloce.

It's still only a set of hydraulic pipes pumping fluid to the calipers, whether you get easier brake action using the different setup i don't know . I'm sure you could upgrade later if you wanted to
AKA Marco

Post by AKA Marco »

thank you very much chris, that helps .
romeo you dont necessary need a radial m/c to suit the radial calipers; on my tuono v2 i had radial brembo caliper and brembo axial m/c, and it was sold like that.
i would fit a radial m/c though, they are not too expensive now days, and would give you better feel; also while you doing all the bleeding for the calipers, it is worth just doing it all at once, IMHO :D
nicko

Post by nicko »

You may not get the straight Termis anymore but I have just noticed the Termi logo stamped into the end cans on the MY2013.