Service by dealer?

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
MickeyMoto

Service by dealer?

Post by MickeyMoto »

I had my Corsaro serviced at great expense last October. I now need to have another service as the 'Gordon Brown' icon has appeared. I'll do it myself. So oil drained after a 225 mile run (from oil strainer side) and now for the oil filter housing. Bolts done up to buggery, 2 have loosened, 1 has rounded. So either the filter was not changed at the last service or the 'mechanic' has ignored the torque wrench setting! The setting is 10 Nm, about 8 lbft! I can't get the ignition switch cover off either.......

I'll do it myself as I can not trust the professionals.
Chips1953

Re: Service by dealer?

Post by Chips1953 »

I agree with you, the bike is too special to be left to the "unknown".
I've done mine twice now. Still not sure if I could manage shimming but I know a service station who would allow me to be with them to do it.
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Bolt removed. Now for the ignition switch cover....
DaveH

Post by DaveH »

Chips1953 wrote:I agree with you, the bike is too special to be left to the "unknown".
I've done mine twice now. Still not sure if I could manage shimming but I know a service station who would allow me to be with them to do it.
Shimming is quite easy on the Corsaro compared to multis.
Ktm shims are the same size and a fraction of the cost. :D
Dave H

Ducati Multistrada 1200S DVT :)
Moto Morini Corsaro 1200 :lol:
Beta RR300 :mrgreen:
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

Shimming is quite easy on the Corsaro compared to multis.
Ktm shims are the same size and a fraction of the cost. :D

OK Dave I'll do it this winter, as everything else you've helped me with has worked, do we have part nos for KTM shims? Please. :?:
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

How easy is the injectoon balancing? Mine is running a bit rough. Do not want to get into TPS resets etc... do not understand this modern stuff...

I'll also change the coolant this winter and flush the old coolant. Servcing loks easy enough, just getting to the bits like the magnetic plug which is a bugger as a spanner does not fit and the exhaust pipe is in the way. I presume once I get the old screws out from the ignition switch cover the tank will hinge to get to air filter and plugs?

Mike.
twisty

Post by twisty »

shims are the 10mm ktm shims , or harley vrod ones, plenty on ebay

if you are tipping the tank back for servicing , then make sure there is hardly any fuel in it .

The tps is very easy if you get a copy and a cable for the ducatidiag. cable is inexpensive.
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

Prox Valve Shim Kit KTM 450/530 EXC 10mm Motocross

these may be the ones? Twisty? item number 140901255673 on Ebay. £69.00
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
MonstroMorini

Post by MonstroMorini »

MickeyMoto wrote:How easy is the injectoon balancing? Mine is running a bit rough. Do not want to get into TPS resets etc... do not understand this modern stuff...

I'll also change the coolant this winter and flush the old coolant. Servcing loks easy enough, just getting to the bits like the magnetic plug which is a bugger as a spanner does not fit and the exhaust pipe is in the way. I presume once I get the old screws out from the ignition switch cover the tank will hinge to get to air filter and plugs?

Mike.

You can either use a standard carb sync tester, but attaching the vacuum hose connectors on the intake can be a challenge - the bolts are almost unreacable...
Or use this method - in german, but picture should be clear enough
Must be 42,1mm from top edge (with the plastic part of) on both....