Corsaro runs rich

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
eMGe

Corsaro runs rich

Post by eMGe »

Hey!

First of all i must say sorry because of my english, but i hope you will understand what i mean.

So i'm just bought a used Corsaro (2007). It has GPR slip-ons, cat eliminated, but i've got the original exhaust as well. Actually the bike starts hard, consumes 9-12 liter/100km, smells like open barrel of fuel all the time (doesnt matter the rpm), and stomps on hard/rough gas push on low rpms. I have got ducatidiag software including the cables for USB-ECU, but i've no idea what to do with it... I mean could you advise something how to remap my bike without "dyno", because it's problematic in my country to find a proper one... I heard few things about a french guy who is competent with ducdiag and maps, but i cant reach him.
I could realy appreciate suggestions, advices, links, infos, phonenumbers etc. about my problem. Before all, thanks :) btw i would like to use the original exhaust but no CAT if its possible, any suggestion?

Greetings from Hungary
franco82

Re: Corsaro runs rich

Post by franco82 »

Hi,
it seems, that you have bad fuel map in your corsaro, possible one of the first editions with fueling problem. In addition with open exhaust and removing cat, it is no surprise it runs like pig.
You are on good way using ducatidiag. With it you can switch fuel maps, reset TPS etc. This utility was created by Jean Paul (JP) and there was perfect forum about it - http://mmdiag.xooit.fr/index.php. Unfortunatelly JP decided to end it few months earlier :cry: . As the forum is closed, there are no longer available information about flashing at one place.
So the best and relative easy solution - flash latest map for open exhaust using ducatidag, is geting complicated

If you are German-speaker, you can find useful info on http://www.ital-web.de/forum/. You can use google translator too... Find users Ebi and Armpas, they have great experince with mapping.

I dont have any experince with running standard exhaust and no cat. But it "could" improve the running with current standard fuel map.

My suggestion would be to find decent workshop with dyno in Slovakia with experience with italian bikes (moto guzzi/ducati/aprilia) if it is in reachable distance for you. Austria would be maybe better, because I think there are more corsaros there. But it will be more expensive and police in Austria is quite spot on bikes with open exhaust. If the catch you, you will not pass the noise limit, you will pay the fine and push the bike to borders with Hungary :D
twisty

Post by twisty »

sad :| to learn of the demise of the jp website for reflashing the ecu's. probably due to all the scammers selling his free software online via ebay at inflated prices.

It means then that if you purchased the license from jp and kept a copy of all the downloaded maps then you are ok, otherwise up the spout unless the maps are still available online. Most of the maps were actually donated by users who had paid for the license from JP and so it became a true sharing site where different maps could be tried out.

noticed the same sort of thing happening with the corsaro workshop manual, you give it away free and then some scumbag sells it on ebay. :cry: Not what motorcycling is about. :(
MonstroMorini

Post by MonstroMorini »

There is a substitute - and free, but donations are greatly appreciated :) - from our guzzi friends, guzzidiag.

You can download it here: http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/
eMGe

Post by eMGe »

Thank you so much. Tomorrow i'm gonna give a try than report the result.

edit: Im just tried the writer thingy but can't read none of the maps which i have (*.ddg,*.ecm), it says http://kepfeltoltes.hu/130919/304375046 ... es.hu_.jpg . Btw in theright side of the total commander you can see the maps which i've got. Suggestions?
twisty

Post by twisty »

:D any chance of a copy of the old ducatidiag maps as i lost my copy when the other half scrubbed the hard disk on my computer
MonstroMorini

Post by MonstroMorini »

Have all maps here - hope you can access it....https://drive.google.com/?tab=Xo&authus ... FJDRHFULXc
Under the guzzi folder are the converted ddg files in bin format for use with the guzzi writer.
twisty

Post by twisty »

MonstroMorini wrote:Have all maps here - hope you can access it....https://drive.google.com/?tab=Xo&authus ... FJDRHFULXc
Under the guzzi folder are the converted ddg files in bin format for use with the guzzi writer.
for the above link (google drive) do i need to register with the great god called google :twisted: , the every present spy in our lives , in order to access the files.

And thanks for providing the info
MonstroMorini

Post by MonstroMorini »

Needed to return the favor after the fantastic clutch-holder find presented here.
And you can always create a "just for google" account, can't you? Since I have been using google since '97 it is hard to kick the habit :oops:
günni

Post by günni »

MonstroMorini wrote:Have all maps here - hope you can access it....https://drive.google.com/?tab=Xo&authus ... FJDRHFULXc
yes rob, but i only have converted the most important morini-files.
if needed one of the other maps use tuner pro or a send an email to me

munter bleiben
günni
sbarazzino 98, corsaro 125, corsaro 150, corsaro 1200, scrambler
MonstroMorini

Post by MonstroMorini »

Hi Gunni,

I think your english is very good ;)

Greetz
Rob
günni

Post by günni »

MonstroMorini wrote:Hi Gunni,

I think your english is very good ;)

Greetz
Rob
yes rob, a little bit better than my russian :roll:
sbarazzino 98, corsaro 125, corsaro 150, corsaro 1200, scrambler
eMGe

Post by eMGe »

Hey Torquelovers!

I'm already asked you about stock ecu's remap which I've done on my bike but it stills stalling. I uploaded erpis_racemap by guzzidiag and iaw writer. (I'm not sure in the map's name sorry, but that's the finest road use open loop map) Things got better but far from ideal.
My spec is: 2007 Corsaro, stock ecu - updated map , stock downpipe, professional made Y pipe, no CAT, no lambda, GPR open pipes fitted.
I would like to eliminate all the ecu problems, what should I do?
Imo:
1. Buying PCIII or Rexxer or something and lambda eliminator
2. Dyno run and tune in a local shop (they don't want use ducdiag/guzzidiag)
3. Enjoy my roaring red beast :)

Any suggestions? Ideas about custom ecus or something else? Could you tell me how can I use my stock ecu + PC III in open loop "mode" ?

Another thing:
My dashboard is cracked. During the last rider days a bad weather caught me, so the dash flud and went blackout. After couple days its dried out. Now if the ignition is on than no screen, no signal lights only backlight. As the engine running 2-3mins later the dash turns on, but in standby mode (just like normally when the ignition ON). So pressing setup button it works, I can see my "zero speed", "-- temperature", zero tpm on the tacho, etc. It seems it can't get signal...
Anyone have experience with broken/cracked dash issue? Way/how/who/where to fix it?

Thanks for all the information, suggestions, ideas, everything!
MonstroMorini

Post by MonstroMorini »

Hi eMGe,

Mapping:
1) Did you perform tps reset?
2) Is everything else OK? I mean valve clearance, throttles synced, sparkplugs and batterie 100%? This should be checked first.
If above is OK, it should run (and keep running) with CORA, CORC and Ebi's maps, with lambda off.

Dashboard: MAE (the manufacturer) offered repair service, but they do not do this anymore (i have a cracked one as well unfortunately)
Here is a new one for sale, but not cheap: http://www.italobikes.com/de/foren/10-m ... ho-problem
eMGe

Re%3a+Corsaro+runs+rich

Post by eMGe »

Edit: Something went wrong with my previous post, sorry... Deleted
Last edited by eMGe on 23 Dec 2014 15:52, edited 1 time in total.