concerns about 1200 engine (experiences and opinions needed)

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
72degrees

Re: concerns about 1200 engine (experiences and opinions nee

Post by 72degrees »

Well, impetuous fool that I am, I just went and PX'd the Shiver for a Corsaro.

Apparently it needed a headlight relay to get a fresh MoT, so I hope a good quality replacement was used. Is there a link available to a service manual PDF anywhere? Sounds as if I need to get familiar with how to get at the electrical gremlin areas. I can reciprocate with one for pretty much any 90's Gilera.

Presumably oil filters are available now MM are back in production. Where's the best place to get them?

It came with a spare red covered seat. What's that all about - other than bling? I might investigate having it recovered in black and converted to a thinner gel sit upon to lower things a bit, though I'm happy to find that because the seat is narrow at the front getting feet down sufficiently to feel secure at a standstill isn't too bad at all.

Now investigating a Baglux universal harness in hopes that I can continue to use the Baglux Tecra bag that I first got for the Voxan. Then probably a Ventura carrier system and bag - got to put the spare undercrackers for the Morano raid somewhere.
tassymorini

Post by tassymorini »

Search the forum mate i did see a pdf but cant remembe which post ,dont be fooled into thinking the ecu pin numbers are 100% correct just because it‘s a genuine manual doesnt mean it‘s right eg :pin m5 is actualy pin v5 temp sensor imput.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Pete;

There are copies of the service manual about - let me know if you can't find one on-line... And get the bike out on the road, you can always wash it down afterwards!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Manual sorted. Thanks to a kind soul.

<FX>[Looks out of window at rain][Shakes Head]</FX>
Guvo

Post by Guvo »

DaveH wrote:The regulator issue is common to a lot of bikes and is caused by poor connections causing a high resistance at the regulator/rectifier which result in them burning out under load.
A simple fix is to remove the connectors from the block and hard wire (solder) them together, heat shrinking all the cables in the process. This is a permanent fix and better than the factory solution.

Downside is if the reg/rec ever fails then it needs to be cut and shut again, but it's no biggie for peace of mind.
I did this mod to mine soon after getting it and also moved the reg/rec to the underside of the bike to assist with cooling as per the below guide.

For those who will be along to tell me that you should never use soldered joints on a vehicle :roll: , you pays yer money etc. and in this instance it is a good way to ensure minimum resistance at the joints.

http://www.1200bandit.de/Moto_Morini_Co ... rumbau.htm
Nice one Dave: I have a feeling this just happened to me.When they fail everything stops fast.I will endeavor to Google translate the German to over come the problem to save a few Australian dollars.Conversion charge controller ... and it saves the space under the seat ...

The late Corsaros built (probably only the 2009?) Who got laid the charge controller to the outside. This concern falls away to its cooling, simultaneously creates a nice storage compartment under the seat! So enough to tackle this reason Tag:-)

The new location of the charge controller I chose minimally different from what was probably made by Morini, for there sits the (so far as I could bring in the experience) just behind the heat shield. But I wanted to be happy as much as possible to protect against splash water (even if it makes him nothing) and do not necessarily remove the CPU, which would come to a hole then dangerously close ... also is more air around the drum-controller manipulates ...

As seen in the pictures, I for one mounting point taken a countersunk screw under the battery, since you can leave bad lie on a screw head the battery (screw later addition also pasted over with frieze). The other screw I, connected like original also, again with the battery ground (negative pole) ("grounded") soldered to cable separately and shortened again.

A thicker hole (not the center of the controller, but set back, otherwise too close to the positive pole of the battery as) to run the cables of the controller inside, must be bored ... after soldering the shortened cable should be carefully sealed with silicone back against water and dirt!

I have sealed caution, the new mounting hole which passes through the heat protection with silicone ... better safe than sorry!

Since the controller is now installed one on the heat shield, need to be fixed on the other side a little, so that the controller does not lie obliquely with me ... an M8 nut is fitted exactly with integrated washer:-)

An already finished ...

Because it but yes, among other things went around my storage space, I have the ol 'place of the controller also still the same extended laterally and to the side panels of black plastic partially removed (see small photo to the left). In the end I SO now the Scott-Oiler, a safety vest, a motorcycle first aid kit and my beloved tire repair kit can store (under the bandages) in the "seat compartment" ... a little space for small items would be over, and I eh the lower side panels even with small crust, replacement bulbs and levers for clutch and brake (since I never go without on tour ...) have filled.

Overall a very worthwhile conversion for me!
Beveldrive

Post by Beveldrive »

DaveH wrote:The regulator issue is common to a lot of bikes and is caused by poor connections causing a high resistance at the regulator/rectifier which result in them burning out under load.
A simple fix is to remove the connectors from the block and hard wire (solder) them together, heat shrinking all the cables in the process. This is a permanent fix and better than the factory solution.

Downside is if the reg/rec ever fails then it needs to be cut and shut again, but it's no biggie for peace of mind.
I did this mod to mine soon after getting it and also moved the reg/rec to the underside of the bike to assist with cooling as per the below guide.

For those who will be along to tell me that you should never use soldered joints on a vehicle :roll: , you pays yer money etc. and in this instance it is a good way to ensure minimum resistance at the joints.

http://www.1200bandit.de/Moto_Morini_Co ... rumbau.htm
After six years of ownership this is the first problem I've had with my Corsaro.
About four weeks ago I got left stranded by the side of the road with what I assumed to be either a dud battery (It was brand new) or a faulty reg/rec. The battery was fine.
I waited three weeks for a new reg/rec to arrive in Australia from England.
It finally got here last Wednesday and I excitedly set about installing it only to find that the four pin connector was totally fried.
I thought I might have trouble finding a replacement connector but the first place I walked in to this afternoon had one on the shelf for less than $4.
A Facebook friend of mine from Milan who also owns a Corsaro Veloce insisted (despite the advice of others) that the best way to fix the problem is to bypass the connector and hard wire it.
Going from the info here it looks like he was right.
I'll have a go at it in the morning 'coz it's Friday night in Australia right now, and I've had too many beers to attempt a soldering job.