Clutch wearing, slipping

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
eMGe

Clutch wearing, slipping

Post by eMGe »

Hi!

Previously i asked you about rich running of my Corsaro and finally problm solved by ebi's race map uploaded into my ecu. thanks.

Actually i lookin for some help about clutch wearing on my 2007 Corsaro. I'm the 2nd owner, ride has 16500 km and my clutch seems slipping under pressure (various RPMs, mostly @ 7k . After i 've bought i hd problems with leeking clutch hose (unknown source of air bubbles) which has been fixed, maybe that problem made the early clutch wearing... i dont know, normaly i dont think it has to be replaced after 16000 km...

So my question is: I saw clutch disks at carpi's page and few other places as well, do i need anything else to fix my problem? (springs, or slippery clutch KIT) Could you take a picture about your clutch hose positioning please? (my hose seems running close to the engine, maybe heat can fck up th thigns there...)
If you have a manual for replace can be usefull for my buddy who ll fix my ride.

Thanks, greetings from Hungary!
MonstroMorini

Re: Clutch wearing, slipping

Post by MonstroMorini »

And hello to Hungary (nice international meeting place here :wink: )

1) what oil are you using?
It must be JASO MA | JASO MA2 spec, to avoid clutch slipping, otherwise drain the oil, remove clutch, clean and soak in new correct oil, remount and refill oil. Then try again :D
My clutch had almost no wear whatsoever after 55k km, was able to compare it with my almost "new" engine with only 1200 km. Also the springs (2 per hole) were identical in height to the "new"ones. Clutch problems (apart from some people not being able to get the "anti-hop" functioning, which is not necesseraly a bad thing as you then can at least push-start your bike :oops: ) are not very common. However, one (this is his website with lots of interesting updates) http://www.1200bandit.de/Moto_Morini_Corsaro_1200.htm had to replace his clutch, so maybe you are the other unlucky one....
Armin's was slipping after only 6000km http://www.1200bandit.de/Moto_Morini_Co ... pplung.htm
Carpi moto also has heavier springs, maybe they help, as the price of the clutchdisks is more then doubled....

2) correct routing of clutch line is close to engine, passing below engine mount. As (in case you use a quality brakefluid, either dot 4 or 5.1) the boiling point is very high, this is not a problem. Here a random example:
eMGe

Post by eMGe »

Thanks for the Information.

Finally i found the real reason...

Clutch slave cylinder's flatpush thingy was cracked invisibly... That was the reason of the slipping and air bubbles as well.

Obero, performance slave cyli,der solved the problem.
eddydog65

Post by eddydog65 »

Hi. May be interest for everybodies.
http://www.redracingparts.com/english/m ... enelli.php