Problem with relays

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
kCo

Problem with relays

Post by kCo »

Hi

Just got new fans for my 2007 Veloce. Still not working at 90 celcius. Next guess would be relays. It does not make sound when the fans should go on.

Can somebody help me with this?

Three relays behind front screen, what are their types? and order. The marks on relays have worn of, so they might be in wrong order fex.

I Would apprechiate a lot if someone can tell me the types of these three and assembly order when lookin from front of the bike to rear.

Thank you and happy easter!
Chips1953

Re: Problem with relays

Post by Chips1953 »

This is well listed in parts for the Corsaro etc.
Try searching for "Corsaro relay". The part numbers and place to purchase are in the forum.
I guess most of us have got new ones. I got more than enough so that if I had a problem in the future then I wouldn't have to wait to order more.
They are cheaper by the dozen.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2527#p12458

The above is a link to a MickeyMoto post about relays, it may help.
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
MisterMorini

Post by MisterMorini »

Chips1953 wrote:This is well listed in parts for the Corsaro etc.
Try searching for "Corsaro relay". The part numbers and place to purchase are in the forum.
I guess most of us have got new ones. I got more than enough so that if I had a problem in the future then I wouldn't have to wait to order more.
They are cheaper by the dozen.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2527#p12458

The above is a link to a MickeyMoto post about relays, it may help.
Indeed, I've replaced all of them with Panasonic relais. Both in terms of mechanical & electrical properties nothing beats these. They are fully sealed as well.
The ones with a diode are no longer manufactured but you can use the CM1-R-12V (with a resistance) everywhere.
In fact the one for the fuel pump under the buddy must NOT have a diode. The best is that they are all the same because when you do have an issue you can easily swap some relays on the road & get going again. Not a bad idea to strap an extra one somewhere under the buddy :wink:
kCo

Post by kCo »

Than You for tips. Now the fans work. Low Beam light stopped working, but that's the least of my problems. :)

Hopefully this summer goes without of troubles. Veloce has done 28700km so far.
mart1602

Post by mart1602 »

i have had a problem with my lights,only had 1 full beam so changed the relay in centre of the three in front behind fairing ,now i have 1 full beam and 1 dip on either position on the switch.the relay i took out was different as only has 4 pins not 5 as all the others can someone help me out as i dont know where to go from here thanks
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

From memory one light is main beam, and the other dip - i.e., each light has a single filament...

It's the same with the Granpasso - the Sport, 11.5 and Scrambler all have a single headlamp unit with a two filament bulb.

Hope that this helps,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Confirm one dip one main.
mart1602

Post by mart1602 »

yes,one dip and one main at the same time?
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

No - one dip on dip

One main on main. Never both on at same time.
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

MickeyMoto wrote:No - one dip on dip

Unless someone has frigged it. Does occur as the original twin headlight bikes had 2 dip 2 main. There was a change to disallow twin headlights being on at the same time. Some riders were upset about this so frigged the lights to be both head or both dip. I'm saying this is the case, but perhaps worth looking at.
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
mart1602

Post by mart1602 »

no,as i said one dip and one main on opposite lights.no ones frigged it cos i have had it since new its a 07 corsaro.thanks for the input so far
MonstroMorini

Post by MonstroMorini »

Chips1953 wrote:
MickeyMoto wrote:No - one dip on dip

Unless someone has frigged it. Does occur as the original twin headlight bikes had 2 dip 2 main. There was a change to disallow twin headlights being on at the same time. Some riders were upset about this so frigged the lights to be both head or both dip. I'm saying this is the case, but perhaps worth looking at.
Orginal headlight have a hi-beam reflector on the left and a dip reflector on the right. So it is impossible to use both at the same time without blinding other drivers.
There has never been a change in design.