Injection warning light

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
Chips1953

Injection warning light

Post by Chips1953 »

Hi, I have the Injection warning light on and a error message in the LOG saying that the right hand fan is short to ground. Is the correct way to read the warning light problem? please.
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
MickeyMoto

Re: Injection warning light

Post by MickeyMoto »

Check the relay? Then disconnect the fans?

On mine the 3 relays at the front do the lights and the fans.
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

MickeyMoto wrote:Check the relay? Then disconnect the fans?

On mine the 3 relays at the front do the lights and the fans.
Hi Mike

Thanks for the reply, I will do as you suggest but I am curious to know if the error log is directly connected to the fact they warning light is on. The only other time I have seen this was when the speed sensor went defective. Looking at the flow chart for faults in the manual the reasons for the warning light being on are legion.

My Blade has carbs. :wink:

Cheers.
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

I think we should not call the light the injection light but maybe the Microsoft light - there is a fault! But then again, at least we have an error log....... :)

Good luck with the fault finding....
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Indeed. Perhaps the 'ECU' light? At least the "Vehicle Speed" error was spot on regarding my fault last week.

After freeing the trapped cable and giving it a good wiggle it came to life intermittently. After another look, at the end of that dry day, I pushed the sort of sleeve bit on to the sensor as hard as I could. 20 miles on the way home the next day it started to work again the warning light went off and has stayed off since. I think I might leave well alone and see what happens on the next wet ride.

At least the log is easier to read than the short and long blinking light system used on other set ups - even if the fault reported is not obvious.

Was there some kind of upgrade to do with earthing for the fans? Mine (08) seems to have an after thought earth cable from the RH radiator to the frame.

Following my ferry fiasco I have just managed to tweak the rear brake pedal back straight enough to use. Not absolutely perfect, but once re-assembled, good enough to pass an MoT and I very rarely use it anyway.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Reference the earth wire from the right hand radiator side; all modern Morinis now come with this - my '09 Gran Passo has this fitted from new. I believe that the wire has been retro-fitted to all water cooled machines - certainly the '07 Veloce has the same wire fitted...

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

I changed the speedo sensor for a new one (the old one has dried out and started working so I will waterproof it and keep for spare). The new one worryingly had cracks in the rubber so I coated it in vaseline. The speedo worked fine on the way to the AGM and was working in the campsite this morning but then it stopped and the 'bastard' or £65 light came on. Bugger. I rode to Newark, filled up and ran into a heavy rain storm... the bloody thing started working again and stayed that way all the way home... que?
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

Having spent some time checking through the Manual I have found that I may have a defective ECU.
I have swapped the ECU for the spare I got from 3X on purchase, the one that is supposed to be for Termi's.
Fault now cleared.
I will try to reflash the ECU and see what happens.

The Injection Warning Light is called as such in the Manual. The injection system is why the ECU is there so I guess it is the device which controls the operation of engine, fuel and all associated sensors.

I have tried to attach a photo but the "Board Attachment Quota has been reached". Anyway it's there in black and white in the manual. Injecton Warning Light.

So glad some of my bikes have carbs. :lol:

I have managed to acquire another ECU, you cannot have enough, esp if they just add faults to the system of their own accord. :wink:
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

I didn't even know there was a forum setting for attachment quota, but now I do I have doubled it.
You should be able to attach photos again.

Steve
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

Thanks Steve. As you can see it works.
Console details copy.jpg
Console details copy.jpg (115.75 KiB) Viewed 14959 times
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

Today I have been looking at the problem with the fan error notification from the ECU.
I used Guzzi Diag Write re-write the ECU and the failure remained. The I used Guzzi Diag to clear the fault and it cleared momentarily but keeps coming back. This means I'll always have an Injection Warning light on, if I continue to use the ECU.
I took the new one I got from a Ducati 1198, which is in the list posted by Twisty on compatible ECU's.
This was erased and re-written no problems.
To do all this I had to refer to the thread on ECU writing again to refresh my memory. Thanks once again to those who posted it.
So for now the Corsaro is complete again.

ECU setup Proceedure
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2893&start=15#p14289

ECU compatability from Twisty
http://www.technoresearch.com/data/medi ... erList.pdf
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965