new owner needs help with ecu map

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
kompost

new owner needs help with ecu map

Post by kompost »

I have had my 2007 corsaro for about a month now, and love it, apart from a few running issues at low revs.
The bike is totally standard apart from the lambda has been disconnected. I have an invoice from the previous owner that shows that nlm disconnected it to sort out fuelling problems.
I have read a lot on this forum about ecu mapping and thought i would give it a go. I downloaded the writer and reader from guzzidiag site. Then bought the cables, re-read how to do it and decided i would first plug in and use the reader to see what my ecu map was now.
My map is 23acmol49c, i assume this is a standard map for this year bike.
Can anyone suggest which map it would be best to try with an otherwise standard bike. I don't need more power, just want it to start and run better at low revs, without cutting out.
The other problem i have is resetting the tps after the new map is installed. I am no computer expert and am struggling to be able to download the program from guzzidiag to do this. It is an xdf file which my computer can't open. Is there an easy way of doing this so i can carry on enjoying my new bike.
Thanks in advance
Steve
MickeyMoto

Re: new owner needs help with ecu map

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hi Steve,

Have you seen this Thread?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2893

My '06 Morini runs perfectly so I will not touch it. Pulls from 2k rpm in top, does 40+ mpg. Would like to know the map, though....

One question, in traffic at what temp do the fans start? I think this may be a setting in the ECU map, but may be wrong. Mine start at 90C and cut at 85C but heard others start at different temps. I do find on a warm day the fans are on and off all the time, maybe the engines are heat sensitive as a lot of cars I drive run all day at 90C.

Good luck!

Mike.
kompost

Post by kompost »

Hi mike
Yes i have seen that thread, i think i have read and understood most of the mapping threads. My problem Is downloading the software from the guzzidiag site.
My fans are set the same as yours and i think it is fairly normal. My dads boring transalp does the same.
Steve
kompost

Post by kompost »

I have re-read the post that you sent the link to and looked again at the guzzidiag website. I think what i have been trying to download is the tunerpro software, do i just need guzzidiag v0.41. If that is all i need, when you first open it up it asks for which language you want, then there is a drop down list of which bike you want it for. Problem is they are all guzzi's. Do i ignore which bike it is for or do i need a morini specific program.
I'm bloody useless with computers.
ta steve
MonstroMorini

Post by MonstroMorini »

Originally posted here by my belgian cousin MisterMorini: :D
On GuzziDiag the TPS reset can be found in the menu under 'view' -> 'Actors'.
A window will open with a set of large buttons the second from the bottom is 'Injector or Injection Reset or Calibration'. Sorry, have no access now to verify the correct terminology but you'll see. TPS reset is done with the twist grip completely closed and the engine OFF. When returning back to the main screen the shown TPS value should be 2.7° and stable (engine OFF). Note Ignition must be on!

CO trim is also via the menu 'view' -> 'CO trim'. Indeed it is a matter of increasing the value until you see what you want. Myself and several other people are running Ebi's map with CO=0. Seems to work just fine. + values make the mixture richer, - values leaner. Some people reduce it stepwise while make test runs in between to see whether the bike still runs fine. With this map it should run smoothly so if it doesn't you need to increase a little.

The CO trim (or idle trim) is effective from idle to around 3000 rpm. However I understand that it is a small offset on the injection duration and somewhat affects the whole map. The reason why in practice it is more effective on the low revs is because the injection times are much shorter there. Increasing it too much will again have an effect on fuel consumption.
I just choose a Griso 8v but you can choose ofcourse any Guzzi with our ecu......
So wire up correctly to the ecu, start guzzidiag, ignition on and have fun....
kompost

Post by kompost »

Thanks Mr monstro. That was the answer i was looking for. Any suggestions which map to go for on standard 2007 bike.
MonstroMorini

Post by MonstroMorini »

For long trips with slower collegues the 2010 std CORA (lean, uses less petrol, but little dip 3-4,5k rpm), the CORC (latest racemap) or the Ebi05/06 maps (for me the best).
kompost

Post by kompost »

Thanks very much. Will have a fiddle.
kompost

Post by kompost »

Loaded ebi's map,reset tps, co trim at 0. Went out for quick test.
Initially felt better, smoother throttle response through town, seems to idle bit more evenly, out of town everything felt the same until i shut the throttle for a corner. There seems to be a lot less engine braking (it seems to hold on to the revs a little, rather than snapping straight back to idle with loads of engine braking).
Also when coming back through town it still felt a little uneven between 2000 and 3000 revs (surging).
I will try again tomorrow from cold and see how it starts and goes.
Then will check valve clearances and change oil and filter.
Any ideas about engine braking and uneven between 2 and 3k issues.
MonstroMorini

Post by MonstroMorini »

First check the basics: valve clearance, throttle synchronization, spark plugs. Then another tps reset.

Ebis map is smoother but indeed sometimes, at stationary revs (fi in Holland, when doing 100 on a highway with camera control section) it can run a little uneven.
Holding revs with closed throttle - no idea :?: sorry.... Some say that with ebi's map you have to wait before pressing start untill all dashlights are off - otherwise sometimes high revving can occur (at idle). However, i have never experienced this myself.
As every bike is different, it can take some time to have the CO correct without the proper measuring equipment. But you can try going up by 5 intervals and see what happens, and then down untill it feels ok. Mine is running at +4, Ebi's i believe at -10
And there is also the CORC, a little more punch, a little less smooth, but also driveable at low revs.

You will be busy the coming weeks :twisted:
kompost

Post by kompost »

OK. Thanks for the reply, i will keep fiddling with it.
Maybe i am expecting a bit much from it. It does run pretty good, just not perfect.
Thanks steve