Corsaro insurance

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
morini_tom

Corsaro insurance

Post by morini_tom »

Calling all UK corsaro owners...

Who have you found to be good (cheap & Quality) insurers for the corsaro? I have had a ring around and got some reasonable and some not so reasonable quotes, and suprisingly some companies still not listing the new morinis (including footman james!)

Cheers,
Tom
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

come on guys there are loads of Corsaros on UK roads. Are you trying to tell me none of you are insured????

My new baby is locked up screaming for a ride before winter sets in...
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

It just has.Plenty of that old sodium chloride about too.
Curtis

Post by Curtis »

Just insured my new Corsaro Veloce through direct choice.

Was already with a company through them as a broker for my Tuono but had to re-insure when I got the Corsaro due to high value!!

£260 fully comp with 3yrs NCB, 42yr old cleanish licence (only had a few months to go to get 4yrs NCB but had to cancel existing policy :( , not direct choices fault tho)

Rich
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Mine (a 2006 Corsaro) is insured through Norwich Union Direct (along with a Morini Dart - a long story) - they are both fully comp and it was a pretty competative quote through Shelstons in Farnborough, where a friend of my son worked.

£320 for the two bikes might sound a bit rich, but the Dart used to cost me close to £100 so £220 or thereabouts doesn't sound too bad... but then I am a BoF now - will be drawing a pension before too long!

Good luck with winter riding - they wash up nicely as long as you don't let the salt dwell too long on the fasteners,

:)
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Thanks Chris,

I am going to sit the winter out and wait until my 25th birthday in March- at which point Footman James said they'd be able to do me a multibike for the corsaro and my much modified Dart for about £380 comp. 7 years no claims helps but not being a BOF doesn't!!!

It's going to be a frustrating 3 months!

Tom