CDI

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
eddydog65

CDI

Post by eddydog65 »

Hello everyone. I want to buy a spare central control unit CDI. My version Veloche 2007. There is a sticker Racing on my CDI . Nothing more. There are two lists of spare parts. Found in these its code numbers like M1643011 , M1743001, M30500001510. What is my in real and what is right for me? The seller on ebey have not stickers on the CDI. Only his word of honor that this unit from dismanteled Veloche model and is suitable for models 2006-2009. Anyone has any thoughts about it?
Attachments
qqcFBlALsF0.jpg
qqcFBlALsF0.jpg (246.1 KiB) Viewed 8909 times
$_57 (1).JPG
$_57 (1).JPG (110.9 KiB) Viewed 8912 times
DaveH

Re: CDI

Post by DaveH »

The ECU's are basically the same unit - Magneti Marelli IAW 5AM.
It is just the mapping inside that is different, so as long as its from a Corsaro you should be fine.
You can always buy the unit and reflash with another map if it does not contain the veloce map.
You can read/ write maps with Guzzi Diag (free) and a KKL (FTDI chip variant) Diagnostic cable with 3 pin FIAT OBD adapter.
Dave H

Ducati Multistrada 1200S DVT :)
Moto Morini Corsaro 1200 :lol:
Beta RR300 :mrgreen:
eddydog65

Post by eddydog65 »

Hi. Thanks. Understud. It means that if my friend have Avio version , can he remap it with Veloce map? Without different actions?
If simply directly change CDI from Avio to CDI Veloce , it is will not be any problem?
franco82

Post by franco82 »

Mapping Avio to Veloce is something I would not recommend. There are some minor changes on the engine (I think the valves are different) and the oil cooler is missing! But the ECU can be remapped with no problems. After mapping TPS reset is required , but this should be the only additional thing to do.

BTW, I see there are lenses in the carbon Corsaro lights above. Can you share the details about the modification as it looks awesome?
eddydog65

Post by eddydog65 »

Thank you. Understud. Lens xenon put by barbaric methods. Kit from China. Price by 65 usd per lens. Complete all blocks ignition. Wires. I had to cut the standard reflectors, for that would place themselves through the lens. Fixing tough. No tilt adjustment of the light beam. But a couple of washers to correct the situation. There is electromagnetic lens shutter to switch low and high beam. But the fact that the light shines in the other mirror is even positive. Here in Russia it is very important. Drivers of cars do not look in the mirror, and thus the light in the mirror lets them see the motorcycle. But after use a two sesons it needs to do a hermetization. Becouse reflector is cutted. I plan use a silicon between lens blok and plastik body for it .
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (147.02 KiB) Viewed 8844 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (141.46 KiB) Viewed 8844 times
franco82

Post by franco82 »

Wow looks epic, but too hardcore for me :mrgreen: