Corsaro or Veloce

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
Mackia

Post by Mackia »

Carpe,
Your idea is a good one! I have a friend in Mandello who may be able to help. He machines Brembo parts for the factory and likes his bikes. I will e-mail him. By the way does the Corsaro have Brembo wheels?
Ian
carpe diem

Post by carpe diem »

Hi Mackia , the Corsaro is indeed equipped with Brembo wheels .
speaking of wheels check tolerance of silentrubbers from rear pignon
after 12000km I got more than a 3 mm gap between pignon and silentrubber (thus about nearly 3/4 cm on wheelhigh) bad for the chain and emphasizing on/off feeling in town ..
such a little things would be nice to communicate to the right persons...
Greetz Thierry
Steve-55

Faults on Corsaro

Post by Steve-55 »

Hi guys
Getting very envious of the "all year riding"!! in Ozz etc, here in the UK my beach (or should that be bitch ) scene is due to excess salt and grit on the roads (very slippy stuff).Problems with Corsaro have been 5 factory mods Plus the modified L/H case; excesive crankcase pressure causes oil leak!!. 3X had the bike for SEVEN weeks claiming lack of parts!!! F*** i could have walked to the factory and got them quicker, plus recurring water leak from the access plates. With regard to the water leak, (being a mechanic of many a year) I fixed it myself, its due to the plates not being flat anybody wishing to know the procedure just ask.
Last edited by Steve-55 on 20 Feb 2008 11:23, edited 1 time in total.
Mackia

Post by Mackia »

Steve-55,
What year is your bike and what mileage have you got up. I am still trying to find out if the 2008 models have the problems of the earlier bikes fixed or not. I'm not considering buying the Veloce until I find out. Regards,
Ian
Steve-55

Post by Steve-55 »

Hi Ian
My bike is a late 2006 model with1200mls on clock but its had all the mods, ECU, battery exhaust clamps,air scoop,etc,
its now had the case mod to eleviate the crankcase pressure so NO oil leaks as yet.The bike is very good best I've tested in a long time but the fuel consumption is begining to piss me off 25mpg on the last two tanks and thats NOT even hard riding!! exhausts are very sooty which points to over fueling. I will be looking into why but if I cant resolve the issue I'll prob change for the KTM 990 supermoto!! feel free to ask specifics and I'll try to help
Regards Steve
Mackia

Post by Mackia »

Steve,
Thanks for your frank facts, they summarize my thoughts about that model. As I said it would be good to hear from a late 2007 owner. I would like to see what you would get as trade in on a new 1200. The latest 9 1/2 thread implies 42 mpg for fuel consumption which is much better than your figure. I had a look at the link in the 9 1/2 thread and it looks a bit like a typical journo response to a supplier. I am going to wait until I hear about 2007/8 models before I write off MM and go to an alternative competitor . Thanks again.
Ian
Curtis

Post by Curtis »

I'm a very late 2007 owner so very early days but so far so good, albiet I haven't put many miles on it yet with the rubbish weather.

Just coming up to the first service and no complaints at all.

The only issue is a quirk of the bike, after a cold start you do need to leave it warm up for a minute if to avoid stalling.

Embarrasingly stalled it on the 2nd day of ownership pulling off up a slope, lost balance and had to lay the bike down on the road :oops: Suprisingly got away with virtually no damage.

Fuel consumption doesn't is not far off what I was getting for my Tuono.
Mackia

Post by Mackia »

Curtis,
Please keep us posted on how you find the bike. I guess you'll have to run it in before you can work out how it is on fuel. What was the Tuono like on fuel? Regards,
Ian
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Mackia;

I've just posted some comments on the Gran Passo page about fuel - you might be interested. I am sad enough to keep a log (I caught it from my brother in law...), and my Corsaro is averaging just on 40 UK miles / gallon. Not the most frugal, but then I didn't get it for its economy... :)

CC
Curtis

Post by Curtis »

No probs with the updates,

was getting between 30 and 40mpg with the Tuono depends on how hard the riding.

Getting low 30's with the Corsaro but been quite easy on it so far.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Guys;

Reference fuel consumption - just done a couple hundred miles (six degrees so quiet cold now...) and got 15.8 litres of fuel in after 108 miles. That works out at 6.84 miles / litre, or 31 mpg.... Mind, that was at a steadyish sort of speed. :roll:

Perhaps I'll go back to using the old Strada, half the speed, twice the economy, almost the same fun (sometimes)!

CC
Ben_

Post by Ben_ »

When I had the Veloce, it was returning 21mpg in the cold and wet and would have expected high teens come the summer if I had kept it.

The tank range I would have put at 1 hour before needing to fill up again.

Wales however is totally different to England where in England the roads are shockingly shit in comparison to the sustained high speeds you can run in Wales.
Steve-55

Post by Steve-55 »

Hi Chris et al
I still cant get to grips with this fuel consumption :( last year on a couple of runs it was low 40s takin it steady running in. This year after its first service its been low 30 to mid 20 :cry: On the last run I filled up on Sat and just tootled round about 30mls :lol: Then on Sunday visited friends 40mls away and as it was a nice afternoon decided on a run down a bikers route called the Fosse Way :lol: no sooner after I was just havin fun when I noticed the fuel light was on!! Thought stange a quick calc full tank 75mls ish :cry: slowed down zero'd the trip and started looking for a garage en-route but only one was closed!!! decide I needed to head for large town (Stratford) which is when after 13.4mls on the trip it coughed and died leting me have the ignominious pleasure of PUSHING it the last 3mls :oops:I filled up with 17.3ltrs it had covered 84mls on a brimmed tank!! approx 16ltrs I had a gripe to 3X who informs me all owners might be getting a letter soon outlining some new UPGRADES one of which might be another ECU change? I'll keep you posted.
Regards to you all
Steve
carpe diem

Post by carpe diem »

Hi Steve,
In Germany there is since two weeks an official update action( when something moves in Bologna you hear it first in Germany..) a CPU update is included ; relating the first echo's on German forum "ancient" owners (2006) do appreciate the engine response & evolution , fuel consumption should be lesser , had to be prouved on the road...
Regards, Thierry
Steve-55

Post by Steve-55 »

Thanks Thierry
I have contacted 3X, the main importer to the UK, they inform me that the list of updates is being compiled and who needs what upgrade, and that as soon as they have all the info the owners (all 67 of us!!) will be contacted to have them implemented so should know more by the end of next month. if you get to know how the upgrades are working please post some info I'm sure all in the UK will be interested
Regards
Steve