New spanish owner

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
Daytonero

New spanish owner

Post by Daytonero »

Hi from Spain.
First, sorry for my poor english. I will try to write, but better if I only read the posts.. :oops:
I bought a 2006 Corsaro few days ago, with 8000 km at gauge... :? (certainly I´m not sure if it´s true... :roll: )
Well. The look of my MM is not the best... So, I have given the bike to workshop, to open the engine...
Then, I have some questions for you, if you can help me. Where can I shop Morini Spare parts? The mechanic will need head gaskets, valves, scraper rings, timing chains, and I hope not much more.
Any online shop?
It´s hard to find these pieces in Spain, even talking to the MM dealer. :mrgreen:
Thanksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
norbert

Re: New spanish owner

Post by norbert »

¡Hola Daytonero!

Who and where is that oficial morini dealer in Spain?

Desde luego lo vas a tener crudo buscando piezas en iberica :roll:
It seems that recently it is easier to get spareparts than in the last years. This is the situation in germany. May be in england it is diferent. But as you know it well: "Spain is diferent", so I fear there is no situation of spareparts at all.

Good Luck!

Hay una banda de morineros en españa, pero ninguno de ellos (hasta ahora :wink: ) tine una 1200

saludos norbert
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

norbert

Post by norbert »

In other words there is no service point at all in spain? :roll:
eddydog65

Post by eddydog65 »

Hi. Better use eBay. There is many items.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

There is one dealer in Spain according to Morini.
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

Daytonero wrote:Hi from Spain.
First, sorry for my poor english. I will try to write, but better if I only read the posts.. :oops:
I bought a 2006 Corsaro few days ago, with 8000 km at gauge... :? (certainly I´m not sure if it´s true... :roll: )
Well. The look of my MM is not the best... So, I have given the bike to workshop, to open the engine...
Then, I have some questions for you, if you can help me. Where can I shop Morini Spare parts? The mechanic will need head gaskets, valves, scraper rings, timing chains, and I hope not much more.
Any online shop?
It´s hard to find these pieces in Spain, even talking to the MM dealer. :mrgreen:
Thanksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Welcome to the forum.

I sold my CB1000 to fund the purchase of my Corsaro, but I would never sell my CBR 918. I had a 954, a real scapel on the roads. My 918 is more of a sports tourer.
Anyway what I wanted to say was , it is possible to attain all that you need, either from EBay, the Forum or NLM in the UK. It is going to cost you, but bikes are like that. Personally I would get your bike back the dealers and use it as spares. Then buy Trickys from the Forum . That bike has had all that is necessary done to it. Good luck with your venture.
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
Daytonero

Post by Daytonero »

Hey!
Thanks at all.
Of course... Spain is different... but for the worst!...Politics, education,...Morini...hahahahha...
The dealer in Spain is RacingPalencia, of whom I had not heard before anything, and whose service does not seem very professional... For example, I had to email them two emails and a telephone call to get a price for oilfilter and airfilter, and I´m still waiting for a response for the other spare parts since past week...

My mechanic has confirmed me the bad notice, the bike was badly battered. So, it needs to open the engine... sparks with much oil wet spark plugs, oil jet exiting exhaust valves, sand (yes, sand ...) inside the air filter box, water in engine oil, very very low compression.... :cry: ... The best...
But the good thing is that after repair I will have new bike ... After spending much money ... that I do not have ... Anyway.
So, I will try other shops, online shops.
Thanks for all again!!
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Daytonero;

What Mike meant with his post was go to the MM website, look under "service" and select Spain. You'll get to this address;

info@racingpalencia.com

which is the Spaninsh representative for MM. There were a number of official dealers under the old regime, and I suspect that some of them might still have experience of dealing with the bikes. Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Daytonero

Post by Daytonero »

Yes, ok, I understood. I tried to contact with Racing Palencia, but They are not very serious. It seems they are not very interested in possible clients, so my bike will stand at the workshop where always I repaired my old bikes, with the same mechanic, and I will buy the spare parts by online shop (maybe germany shop).
Do you konw Hsi custom bikes?
Thanks for all.