Winter layup

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
MickeyMoto

Winter layup

Post by MickeyMoto »

I changed the oil and filter in October and put the bike away in the garage for the winter. Charged the battery this week and started it today. First time start! Unbelievable.
franco82

Re: Winter layup

Post by franco82 »

I put the beast to sleep in September into tempered garage wit stable 10-15 Celcius. Because of this normal temperature I did not took out the battery and did not charge it during the winter (I am lazy ass, I know :D ).

But! Last week I have to take it out from garage to prepare it for season and check if everything is ok. One tick into starter, two normal revolution of engine as usual and fluent start. Pleasure to hear it after more than half year (In September baby daughter was born and the same day we hit the ground for house basement). I got a lot of things to do, but riding Corsaro is nothing to be cut down :wink: .

We surely do have reliable machines!
Andy R

Post by Andy R »

Horrendous road works around here, needs must, Thor came out from hibernation this week, first prod of the button, he's alive! First day he was parked outside work, some genetically modified seagull deposited the most enormous pile of......that had to be washed off soonest, out with the polish again.....good to be back on the road again
A man of many parts, none of which are fully functional
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Just waiting for 1st April to pay the Excise Duty to Her Majesty.

Been out on the Guzzi all winter. Laverda still in garage waiting for repairs. Need to finish the kitchen and bathroom then I can play....