bike wont start

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
MonstroMorini

Re: bike wont start

Post by MonstroMorini »

As an upgrade and tuning tip (reducing weight :lol: ) drill a little hole in the plastic cover over the fuse as a drain.
nicko

Post by nicko »

Fuse was looking a bit manky. Have replaced and will see what happens. May also purchase a new starter relay, anyone know if other makes are compatible or where to get them short of from the factory?
MonstroMorini

Post by MonstroMorini »

Starter relais:Yamaha, 4DN-81940-10 or 4DN-81940-12-00

On the german site is a list of known replacement parts: http://ital-web.de/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 464964afc5
mgb81

Post by mgb81 »

Bike all sorted now after a thorough going over . Replacement alarm fitted , a couple of relays and leak in fuel tank sorted . The leak in the tank was thru the four wires to the pump , probably caused by ethanol ingress . I solved it by cleaning the area then putting a small amount of araldite around the wires and resin block they go thru and warming gently with a heat gun . Problem solved .
The biggest surprise was refitting the tank after being off its locating studs for a few weeks , would not fit ! It is on maximum adjustment at the hinge end and I ve had to remove the bushes at the front to get it to bolt back down . Its grown by about 5mm ! I can only assume that ethanol has expanded it and once it was released from its fastenings it took up its new shape . Very frustrating , but sorted and ready for some summer tarmac !