Another bloody relay

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
MickeyMoto

Another bloody relay

Post by MickeyMoto »

I think I'll buy a shed load...

After replacing the lighting relays a while ago now the rad fans weren't working. Luckily got home with no traffic. Off with the fairing, out with the relay, onto t'interweb to vehicle wiring products next day delivery and hey presto all fixed! < £10, too!

Need to check the diagrams and find any other relays...... then buy a replacement and carry them with me at all times.

I have a piece of wire with a spade at either end that I use to short out where the relay fits in case one fails so I can have a light or the fans blowing!

Just need to get the instruments fixed - the microswitch has stopped working.
MonstroMorini

Re: Another bloody relay

Post by MonstroMorini »

The original relays are not sealed, check this thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2527#p12458.
Ans always carry a spare :D The other relais are next to the fuse box.
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

I bought several from Mouser. I keep 3 spares well wrapped up under the seat.

Had to lash up the Reg/rec connections last weekend. It had obviously failed before but the connector the last fixer had used wasn't fit for purpose and had been pushed in tightly against the reg/rec. A combination which resulted in a molten mess. Luckily I spotted it in time.

The micro-switch on my 'dash' only works if you flick it just so with a great deal of patience.

Overall, I fear these machines re-enforce the prejudice against "Italian electrics".
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

I wrote to MAE Elettronica but have had no response. I note they make dashes for other people too - KTM and BMW?

They also have the speedo sensor in their products.... hmmmmm