Insane fuel Efficiency

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
eMGe

Insane fuel Efficiency

Post by eMGe »

Dear Fellow Riders!

Just like couple times before I'm asking for your advice with my poor english :) Hopefully you have an idea to my strange issue with my Corsaro '07...

Previously i was able to run with 8-8,5L/100km (ebisultimaterace05, open exh, decat, db killer in, no O2 sensor), relatively rare stalling, no jerking, still smelly fumes but not so badly.
Bike was parking for 9 months cuz of electric failure of the immobiliser. Dashboard removed , problem bypassed by a electrician guy (thx to Günni for the wiring diagram). Than sparks (irridium), oil, filters, fluids, brakes are replaced to newones.
Bike started up, really bad fumes, lots of jerking, no idle on engine brake, just like a nightmare... Fix guy told me that he started up the engine 50-60x times to check the immo problem. I Thought that's the reason of the piggy run...
Guzzi diag: CO trim check, tps reset, fail check done than 100km of high rev running didn't solved the problem. IAW writer up: e3 2010 open loop map uploaded and 100km test run again. Still the same (stalling on engine brake) but no more jerking on mid/high range revs. My mechanic find out that butterflies fully closing in on normal running temperature. Messing with a Screwdriver on the butterflies fixed the problem temporary but the idle went up to 2000rpm. 100km of test riding without engine brake stalling. Back to the iaw writer: ebisultimatemap05 up, with a screwdriver idle back to normal 1500rpm. 100km of test ride again. Worked like a charm, no stomping, jerking, idle problems expect one thing: fuel economy... 90-100km/h on 100km 12-13 liter (22-24 MPG) of 95 gas... Black fumes, smelly etc.
Than we installed the stock exhaust system with lambda+CAT with slipons (Tps reset, auto learning reset, co trim 0), still with ebi's05 map. I'm over a trip of 1000kms without issues expect fuel economy and impossible riding on low rev for long time without stalling. I couldnt go under 12liter, but on average mountain speed easily consumes about 15 liters (19 MPG). I'm closing my eyes at the gas station after a good road rush :mrgreen: . Anyway on mid/high revs is still a beast, maybe never like before...

Any idea? Please write me your opinions before my catalysator drowning into fuel and all me money goes away in unburnt fuel :?

Thank you in advance!

P.S.: I would like to buy a dashboard! Mine is prolly permanently broken.
eMGe

Re: Insane fuel Efficiency

Post by eMGe »

As I'm surfing on the forum I've found similar problems like mine but not the same:
- throttle body's "holes" fulfilled: Could you explain more detailed where I should look for?
- water in fuel system: Wynns dry fuel isn't available at my place anything else like this liquid? Injection cleaner works?
- RPM sensor fail? Where I could find this? How to check the failure?
- Lambda problem: No way cuz the problems started with open exh system.

Thx for your advices
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hi,

I think the thing to do is to do a logical check.

Start at the plugs and go through everything - air filter, breather pipes, valve clearances, injectors etc...
eMGe

Post by eMGe »

Previously went through all these steps.

Finaly i returned to JPdiag instead of GuzziDiag. Here is the result! Any idea What does it mean?

torque

Post by torque »

HI
The codes your system have thrown up relate to problems with A throttle position sensor {tps} or the wiring related to the tps
or B the mods on your clocks ie the immobiliser problem you had also the last code is can bus wiring fault Check all your connections
lube them with dielectric grease I would reload the ebi06 map reset everything and try the bike :)
eMGe

Post by eMGe »

torque wrote:HI
The codes your system have thrown up relate to problems with A throttle position sensor {tps} or the wiring related to the tps
or B the mods on your clocks ie the immobiliser problem you had also the last code is can bus wiring fault Check all your connections
lube them with dielectric grease I would reload the ebi06 map reset everything and try the bike :)
Thx torque!

Greasing done, uploaded ebis08 but still the same. :(

Here is the wiring diagram... 1.: MAP sensor 2.: Dash 3.: TPS. As my dash previously removed 2 of MAP cables are running empty (ground and something which i cant read). But there is a direct connect ("analogue ground 2) between TPS and MAP as well... Don't you think it could be a problem?
torque

Post by torque »

Try a new tps or check your old one with a meter My corsaro had a broken wire in the loom you need to go through it with a fine toothed comb
get an auto leccy to check it out Sorry i cannot be more help But i think it is a wiring sensor or clock problem :(