Crash Protectors

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
Steve-55

Crash Protectors

Post by Steve-55 »

Hi to all from a newbie
To anybody that wishes to fit crash protectors to their Moto Morini (mine is the Corsaro ) save expence if it falls over etc!!!
R&G crash protectors CP 0132BL are fitted to the MV Brutale and ideal for the mod??
They are right length Bobbins and fit the frame perfectly now the trick part!! the rod supplied is approx 470mm long, 12mm dia, to which you need to cut off 65mm new length 405mm then re-cut same length of thread back on (diff thread lengths).
Remove centre bolt from frame fit as per instructions DO NOT overtighten (40nm max)
Viola!! looks good and practical[/u][/b]
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Steve,

Thanks for the tip!

Having seen a lowsided corsaro (not mine!) it seems that most parts are nicely tucked in and are 'saved' by the pillion peg hangars. With the exception of the rearsets and clutch cover...

Having seen the price for replacement clutch covers, rearsets and pegs for the corsaro I'd like to fit crash bobbins- my question is Will the bobbins fitted where you describe save these parts?

Cheers, and keep it shiny side up.
Tom
Steve-55

Crash Protectors

Post by Steve-55 »

Hi Tom
You know I never thought to lay the bike over to check :o
When using the broom stick as a gauge I was more concerned with the petrol tank!! but as the bobbins stick out from the middle of the frame just above the clutch cover approx 4", I don't think it could poss touch? My checks look like it will pivot on the bobbins and rear foot rests. I will do more checks so I will keep you posted :)
Regards
steve